ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox or Mounts Problem!? Please Help!

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi,

Can someone help me ive got a really bad problem with my 2003 clio dynamique.

Just breaking down the information for an easier read....................

Details on the car

2003 clio dynamique
Only covered 29,000 Miles
Lowered (on coils)

Gearbox Problem

Gearstick moves alot (A lot of play in the gearstick)
Its hard to put it into gear 1
The car struggles to set off
Ive already been through one gearbox already (cost me alot)

I would really appreciate any help even if theres some mechanics on here ill be willing to consider any quotes to get this problem fixed because some mechanics dont have a clue when they inspect my car.I was told to have the mounts checked?Is that right.

Should I take it to the main dealer?Do they charge too much to fix such a problem?

Once again any help is appreciated.

E-mail address: allanil100@hotmail.com

Lots of Alfas
What do you mean by the car struggles to set off, it stalls? Can you hear knocking while accelerating harshly/coming off pedal sharply?

Clio 1.2 16v
No mate no knocking, the only thing that knocks is the steering.

I know this sounds peculiar but the same thing happened before my last gearbox went.I aint got enough cash to let this gearbox go.

The car struggles to set off.Sometimes it wants to conk out.

Lets just say im in gear 3 and I come sharply off the accelerator the gearstick would fling back like it wants to go into gear 4 by itself!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI

Attachments

• ClioMount.jpg
    ClioMount.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 86
  Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
The dogbone mount holds the engine from moving forward and backwards. You cant miss it if you look under the car just behind the engine and gearbox.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
You could also try removing the battery and see the state of the (upper) gearbox mount. If it is broken then the engine/gearbox could move alot.

Clio 1.2 16v
Does anyone on here know of any good renault mechanics in london.
Im looking for a cheap and fuss free reair job?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
gearstick moves too much when the dogbone mount is broken or it's rubber gone. Replace it first to see if will be any improve. Also check the mount under the battery and see if it's bolts tight.
Replacing the dogbone mount is a easy peasy job.

Lior