ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox oil - thoughts?

PH2 Flamer
  Evo
I put 75-90 fully synthetic in mine last week as its all I had laying about. Seems to work smoothly even when cold.

Impreza Wagon
You could always stick in some cheap stuff whilst you wait for the good oil to arrive in the post?

PH2 Flamer
Driveshaft hasnt turned up as expected yesterday anyway. Got home and it wasnt here. Renparts are on the case though.

Contacted the courier, said it should be today, if not the tomorrow 100%. They have a big backlog of deliveries.

going to call opie, see how quickly they can get it to me.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I use comma 75w80 in my track saxo, havent had any problems yet although oddly they make two kinds - mineral and semi sythetic, the latter commanding a premium.
I use total transmission BV 75w80 with is fully synthetic. Best thing about it is Citroen do it for £12 for 2l so will be going there again to pick some up

LY Megane R26
If your drive shaft still hasn't arrived, you could always just get the oe oil off eBay

Elf Tranself NFJ 75w80.

That's what I ordered for mine, it was £29 inc delivery for 3 1L bottles and arrived the next day, just make sure you order in the morning, I ordered like 9am on the tues and it turned up weds. The guys eBay name was nielsencdg, it's actually a shop in Wales I think iirc

derv biege barge
Nielsencdg based in swansea, he told me 2 week lead time when I wanted 5 litres of tranself. You may be lucky if he has some in stock. I got millers gear oil 75w80 from opie oils. no probs with this stuff so far.

PH2 Flamer
driveshaft should be here today, if not ill be pm'ing renparts.

ive got oil on order from opie oils, but i need some stuff to get my by until it arrives. and i can only get hold of 75w80 in a mineral. or halfords own, which i never use, dont like the name lol.

i got 3ltrs of the mineral based oil, should be ok until mon/tues right?

(obviously providing d/shaft turns up)