ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GEARBOX OIL CLIO 172 CUP

Cliosport 172 cu
I used a cheap brand and it's crap gears was funny.

Used NFJ from renault and now there mint.

You masewell go renault as you only need 3.1L of it.

Renault only sell it in 5 litres for near on £50 they won't stock 1 litre bottles.

As said elf nfj is only £38 on ebay.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
As someone who formulates MTF for my living - don't use simply a GL-4 or GL-5, that won't be good for your gearbox as it doesn't necessarily have friction modifiers for the synchros. You need a 75w/80 dedicated MTF from a decent brand - gl4 and gl5 are specifications for pretty much wear protection alone - 4 being suitable for an MT and 5 for axles - it says nothing about how the oil will perform in the other things the transmission needs. A lack of friction performance can really impact shift quality, and also, more seriously can wear out your synchros - so the right fluid is very important. Gearboxes are very different to engines and there aren't industry wide specifications - each manufacturer will have the fluid they use tailored to their hardware - so there it is usually best to stick with it unless you have a compelling reason to do otherwise.

Cliosport 172 cu
Stourbridge one don't do it in litres they have the big drums full of it.

If you take a container they will put you some in.

Can't rember how much I paid but the guy gave me 4L and only charged me for 3.1

Clio182
Hello north loop

Thanks for the response. I recently read a thread somewhere where they have just used ECP oil and said it was fine. I’m not sure if that’s good enough tbh