ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox of ClioII

Clio 1.6L 16V
Hii im new at the forum, Im Manuel from Venezula and i have a clioII 1.6 16V. My question is: can i replace the 1.6l 16V gear box with the 1.4l 16V gearbox???, is the same???, what are the specifications of the 1.4l 16V gearbox???, all i know is that the 1.4 gear box is shorter.

And im going to increase the compresion on my engine, whats the most recomended compresion that i can have on my engine???.

Thanks for all you answers.

BMW M135i
1.4 16v uses the JB1 box whereas the 1.6 16v uses the JB3 box, obviously better torque rating on the JB3 box. If/how long the JB1 would last pass, in relation to the ratio difference it isn't worth doing.

Clio 1.6L 16V
So you are saying that if i replace my gearbox with the 1.4 16V gearbox there isnt going to be a change in acceleration or in 1/4 mille time???.

Clio 1.6L 16V
Ok, but the 1.4 16V gearbox is shorter than the 1.6 16V gearbox because i drived a 1.4 and the gears was shorter than in my car, so if is shorter i would have more torque at the wheels in my car, thanks for your help.

Clio 1.6L 16V
My clio is a 1.6l so you are saying that it would slow down my clio like your 2.0 clio if i get the 1.4 box??.

Clio 1.6L 16V
Yeap there are clios in venezuela, and im working on my clio to do 1/4 mile, so im asking here if can i change my 1.6 gearbox with the 1.4 gearbox to obtain more acceleration???, do i have to do other modifications to change the gearbox???, or are they the same??, thanks.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
As far as I know our JB gearboxes have a slightly different ratios than the european Clios, that due to the different roads setups...ours are slightly shorter. I've been told that the JB3 and JB1 are almost identical with a small difference in the last gear...

You can also use the 5th gear found in the JB3 used in the Megane Classic for a longer 5th gear ratio....better fuel consumption and slightly better top speed, dunno how much.