ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox issue, Got stuck on motorway :(

182 Sport 2.0I
Hey guys, right after coming back from London today ive had some major issues. Had a 20 mile blast with a nice new Imprezza, coming up to a roundabout i couldnt shift down. Then i came to a standstill and it wouldnt let me select any gears. all it done was shake when i tried to put it in, after a while i got it in first but i couldnt shift up too second, after about 20 miles of driving everything seems fine, BUT i can not shift up too second, i can shioft down if im carefull. Also it pops out of second, im guessing its my gearbox, and i have sheered the seccond gear.

When nailing it, i shifter down and got major sheer which i think finnished off second gear becaue it has always been tricky. Now its fooked.

My question is, can i replace just the seconde gear? Or do i need to fork out on a whole new GEarbox?

If anyone quite the expert please email me steven@123solutions.com

Cheers,

Clio 182 arctic
same sorta thing happened to me, was on the motorway, come to end of slip road went for 2nd and nothing. every gear except 2nd. when i tried for 2nd i got the rumbling/vibrating feeling. after ringing around for prices i decided that i was gonna wait til the next month then get a rebuild.
neway, 2weeks later i pulled off a kerb and heard a loud thud. thought uh-oh. got out, no holes, no oil, all seemed fine. went to test drive the car and 2nd gear was back. went in fine like it should, so it seemed like something (2nd) just got stuck for a while, how i dont know, but 2nd was back and has been fine for a good 5months since that incident.
try setting off in 2nd or whatever you can as it may just be like mine and come back. dont rush off straight away and throw money away, i almost did and ive obviousli saved maself a good few hundred quid. ou can live without 2nd for a while although its not ideal.

182 Sport 2.0I
It kinda works a little now, but selecting down grinds. I can select the gear but sometimes it pops out.

Mike, do you guys do rebuilds?