ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox gone??

172 Credit crunch edition
Just wondering if my box has gone? I was parked up on a hill and needed to reverse went to put it in reverse and i heard a "ting" oh C**P!! Luckily I managed to get a couple of passers by to give me a push back now i can only get 4th and what i think is either 3rd or 5th and the gearstick feels really floppy, could it be the gear linkage?

5th gear bolt can come loose , you can take the end casing off the gearbox and inspect it , also get to someone to select the gears while you look underneath at the selector on the box to see if there is play/movement etc. bush can wear for the selector and make it really floppy.
if still not sure get a mechanic to look.

172 Credit crunch edition
Cool cheers mate i think it could be bush wear tbh as the linkage is still intact even though its dropped quite low?