ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox exploded! New one going in...

Clio 182 FF
So the inevitable but slightly unexpected happen. 5th gear decided it didn’t like being in my 182 gearbox anymore so a replacement rather than a rebuild was sourced. It won’t be fitted for a couple of weeks though so I’ve got a few questions, as well as a new clutch kit and gearbox oil, what other things should I look at replacing whilst the whole gearbox/subframe is out? Are there any seals that should be replaced while I’m in there?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'd be getting the flywheel off and doing the crank main seal and new flywheel bolts, maybe even skim the clutch mating face too. Also if subframes off the sump gasket (if there is any perceptible leaks).
and chuck a cheeky set of ARP rod bolts in there whilst your at it, never know if the future may bring some more rpm ;-)

Clio 182 FF
I'd be getting the flywheel off and doing the crank main seal and new flywheel bolts, maybe even skim the clutch mating face too. Also if subframes off the sump gasket (if there is any perceptible leaks).
and chuck a cheeky set of ARP rod bolts in there whilst your at it, never know if the future may bring some more rpm ;-)
Ok I’ll grab some flywheel bolts and crank seal too, the sump is fine from what I remember being under there last time. Haha if I was getting rid of it soon I’d certainly have a look at some updated rods