ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox/diff noise

I bought this car and drove it home. It wasn't making the noise then.

I changed the clutch and i drove it to and from the mot place and it's noisy as hell.

Possible causes?

I can't believe i have broken the diff/gearbox...

Video of noise. Changes with throttle so thinking it's diff related.

I put oil in until overflowed out.

Everything is tight i believe.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
270nm is the proper setting IIRC but shouldn't be the issue,
Does it makes noise stationary with the clutch depressed/released or is it just when in motion?

I can't remember i looked it up as i was doing it. So I'm pretty sure it was the right way round. If it was the clutch wouldn't it be all the time?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I can't remember i looked it up as i was doing it. So I'm pretty sure it was the right way round. If it was the clutch wouldn't it be all the time?
Not necessarily mate no. The clutch is under pressure when the pedal isn't pressed. Does it go if you press the clutch? It sounds more like a vibration noise to me.

When driving along if i dip the clutch, yes it goes. Coasting in neutral it goes, with clutch up it goes.

What will happen if the clutch is the wrong way round?

I did think when i was looking at it, it was the same. As it had the same casting where the speedo sensor goes on the cup box. It's just it looked like it was filled.

I will get a picture up asap.

Cheers

Upload a picture of the other box you've got mate. I'll be able to tell you if it's a useable box. Some of the ph2 boxes are still 129's, but they just don't have the speedo sender fitted.
bbee5acaaf330a9379080bee6e6fc674.jpg
a3794905a1a510955573547b60598952.jpg
c9a4778039cee6997c90b3ff9630e210.jpg
b648f6ada3d1a5dd94e01d4a25ae6891.jpg

Wasn't sure what angle you needed!