ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox crunch from 2nd to 3rd...

Renault Clio 182 Cup
First of All, Hi.... I picked up my first Clio 182 Cup on Saturday in Racing Blue. Its in pretty good condition apart from i've noticed it crunches from 2nd to 3rd and a little into 4th sometimes under heavy acceleration.

I'm looking to get the box rebuilt or a new box put in. Can anybody give me advice on who to go to around the North West area?

Cheers!!
20160815_133728.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Get the gearbox refurbished. It's not that expensive and then you'll have a lovely (as a JB5 gets) gearbox for the rest of your ownership. Looks decent on the outside at least!

There is a company called Agency Transmissions who are highly regarded on here for their gearbox work, although you'll want to remove/fit it yourself or get a local mechanic to do that bit for you.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for the advice!
Im on the Facebook group too and have been told a member on here "Northloopcup" can do them as well?
any ideas...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did you not notice the crunch when test driving it?

Was that car at a dealer and described as mint etc

Renault Clio 182 Cup
It was privately bought, explained as having a crunch under hard acceleration. Got it cheap for the mileage etc. So expected to be changing or rebuilding the box :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It was privately bought, explained as having a crunch under hard acceleration. Got it cheap for the mileage etc. So expected to be changing or rebuilding the box :smile:

It's a £380 parts bill alone just to cure the 3rd and 4th gear crunch along with a few seals etc, and that's before it's been opened up to look inside and see what else is worn.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
It's a £380 parts bill alone just to cure the 3rd and 4th gear crunch along with a few seals etc, and that's before it's been opened up to look inside and see what else is worn.
Wow! Wasn't quite expecting it be that much just in parts but hey ho! Suppose I'll just have to foot the bill and get it sorted

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Wow! Wasn't quite expecting it be that much just in parts but hey ho! Suppose I'll just have to foot the bill and get it sorted

Yeah I'm afraid so mate. The brexit vote has had some effect on the price of parts as well due to the awesome £ to € rate we now get. My f**king arse.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Yeah I'm afraid so mate. The brexit vote has had some effect on the price of parts as well due to the awesome £ to € rate we now get. My f**king arse.
Haha I can imagine! After all they are French.. nevermind, suppose it is what it is. Who would you recommend in the north west area to take the box to?

Renault Clio 182 Cup
@bloke I don't use the car as a daily, it's just a weekend car for me.. so whenever you got round to it! How much would I be looking at to do an exchange? :)

197was/second 182is
Got same issue in my 182.... What sort of money I'm looking to spend to exchange it if possible when @bloke get his gearboxes refurbished? Thanks!