ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox, Clutch, CV Joint?

For a while I have had a clicking CV joint when turning hard right, but has never really got any worse. So just left is as it was till it got worse/I could be bothered changing it :eek:

Anyway, tonight when in the middle of a 100 mile trip. It started to make a weird noise, sounds like when you put a bottle or can in-between the bikes tyre and frame when you were younger :lolup:

Tried to get videos of the sound:

th_EE5682E3-179F-4417-8BFC-4D0F1F8FD0DA-3290-0000039B16E3A405.jpg

th_795A6CE8-7C85-48D2-A36A-15F884155A24-3389-000003AEF4C55A41.jpg

Not the best quality but you can hear the noise. The box is fine, goes into all gears, no crunching and drives fine in all gears, no clunks when letting the clutch in or out. And doesn't make the sound when your on the accelerator light or hard as you can hear. But as soon as you let off the accelerator it makes the noise. And still makes it if your in or out of gear and if the clutch is in or out. And it makes the noise no matter what gear your in and no matter what speed as well. And when you are changing gears.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet am just back after nursing it home. Just want to know if anyone has any ideas what it is? Am hoping its just the CV though :boring:

Cheers

Just went round the block in it. And still makes the noise when coasting the the engine off. So hopefully its not the box that's on its why out? :S

When I get home tonight I'll get to have a proper look at it...

Anyone got any ideas at all? Any tips for checking if its the box or not?

Cheers

UPDATE:

Looks like its the inner cv that's gone on the passengers side....

CV boot is split and as you can see in the video:

th_C13D5135-C2C7-4C36-8F1B-E8E1C6FA60A3-1845-000001F6A9AE5571.jpg

th_C2672DF0-E6A7-4839-9CDF-5AC83ABCADCE-1845-000001F6815AD573.jpg

So take it I need to replace the whole shaft? And is it as easy as just undoing the 3 bolts on the gearbox, hub nut and the lower ball joint?

Cheers

Well replaced the passengers drive shaft and the noise is still there :mad: Think its gone slightly, but its still there :dapprove:

Anyone got any other ideas? It only make the noise when your off the power. When your on the power it doesn't make any noises....