ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox bearing gone!

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
I have been hearing a whirring rotating type noise for a few months now, hard to describe, most noticable on overrun/when slowing down , but recently its been getting louder and more noticable, so took it to KTEC to find out what it was. Anyway they found it was the thrust bearing in the gearbox which he said is very unusual, especially on a car that has only done 40k where everything else is in such good cond.

Has this happened to anyone else? And how much did it cost? :(

I feel like writing to renault with the bugg3red part and pointing out how it shouldnt really go that easily, but guessing that will do absolutely nothing lol.

cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not had it happen, but technically my clio's on it's 4th gearbox.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol i did, but as soon as i can afford to it's going, negative circle, cost to much to repair, but can't sell it broken!

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
thanks for the heads up on the one for sale, but its too late now already getting it sorted. and i suppose i might end up no better off if that one had done loads of miles and might break soon. said the rest is fine its just the thrust bearing. so with everyone elses its been the whole gearbox thats knackered?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Orginal one crunched like a b**ch in 3rd, 2nd one seezed up when put in, so then got a brand spanking new one which started to make a god awful noise after 400 miles, then 4th has been ok so far.