ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear stick sits slightly to the right?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Hi. I've noticed my gear stick sits slightly off centre, is this normal on 182's? I don't have any wines or crunches and it seems to be working fine.. Any ideas?

renaultsport clio172
hi mate , the gearstick position can be adjusted underneath the gearbox where the gearchange rod connects to the gearbox selector. its just a clamp with a 13mm nut. if its out it may mean its had a clutch/gearbox changed, sub frame out, worn linkage or been knocked at some point. easy to adjust tho!

I had this problem after I removed the gearbox. It is just a case of loosening the nut and twisting the linkage in relation to the rod slightly.
It might take a couple of goes to get it spot on.

I suppose you could get someone to sit in the car and hold the stick in the middle, but I used the trial and error method. :smile: