ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear shift light

172 cup
Does anyone no what wires control the gear shift light on the back of the clocks? And is it possible to piggy back this and hoock up an external light to this?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
what info have you got Schweppy?

I know the pin number but that's about it

'92 172, Lotus Elise
pin 65 on the ecu

but I can't find any mention of it on the dash wiring

also, it's not an on/off signal, the voltage will just change a slight amount :(

'92 172, Lotus Elise
not much

i only briefly tested it as i didnt fancy hitting the limiter when parked :p

seems to be around 2.5v... rising to 3ish?

I'll try and get a better result once i've wiring in my rev counter :eek:

172 cup
Can anyone shed anymore light on this as the dash in my car needs to go back on but want this sorted. Schweppy? what info have you got?

Clio sport Mk2 172 Ph2
http://img.fotoalba.centrum.cz/img16/1864/24681864_4_ki266w1rn0.jpg
24681864_4_ki266w1rn0.jpg

24681866_4_v7wmuw8s0j.jpg

I've yet to understan d why people want one its not like its an optimum charge up light its just a warning your close to the limit.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think it would be cool if you could link it to the rev limiter and have red, green, purple lighting and if the lights were linked to the three stage warm-up so red only when cold and you can get to purple when the engine is fully up to temperature.

Clio sport Mk2 172 Ph2
Hi edde, yes I know that someone say this is shift light and someone say this is warning light..

But because Im not "donkey" and I don't use it for every time and gear ;-) it can help you, for example when you are on the track.. Yes it's normal to hear the engin, but sometimes you want push little bit more and this is the moment when the light will help you... it's better positioned than the standard shift/warning light and this mean easier to see and this mean you can respond quickly = shift up..

:)