ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear gator / stick cover replacement?

182 FF
The leather-like fabric and plastic ring that cover the gear gator are lifting up when you use the top row of gears. The plastic ring has two 'clips' that keep it in place at top and bottom as you look from aerial view. But I think the bottom one has snapped. Does anyone know if I can get this part, and if so where from and what sort of price are we looking at? Or would it be better to do a home-fix on it? Thanks guys and gals :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The leather gaitor and surrounding plastic 'O' are around £7.50 inc VAT from Renault...its a 5 minute job to do..and the only tool you'll need is pliers to snip the end of the cable tie which goes round the bottom of the 'lift reverse' plastic piece.

Hope that helps :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The leather gaitor and surrounding plastic 'O' are around £7.50 inc VAT from Renault...its a 5 minute job to do..and the only tool you'll need is pliers to snip the end of the cable tie which goes round the bottom of the 'lift reverse' plastic piece.

This.

Did mine a short while ago

Disastra Coupe
Yes, part number if you can please people!! I rang Renault and they quoted me like £60 or something daft! Think they had it wrong.

Clio 172 Cup
The leather-like fabric and plastic ring that cover the gear gator are lifting up when you use the top row of gears. The plastic ring has two 'clips' that keep it in place at top and bottom as you look from aerial view. But I think the bottom one has snapped. Does anyone know if I can get this part, and if so where from and what sort of price are we looking at? Or would it be better to do a home-fix on it? Thanks guys and gals :)

I've been through 3 gaitors as the two wafer-thin clips on the base break off really easily (especially in sub zero temps). Before fitting my new one I strengthened the clips by glue-ing shaped bits of old credit cards to them. Was a worthwhile mod!:cool:

This too. Did mine about a year ago. I didn't have the part number. Just spoke to the parts guy and few days later and about £8 lighter all sorted

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It is the same one for all Mk2 Ph2 Clios...just take parts person out and show them...and explain its all in one piece...he/she might (could be wrong) have thought it was the whole plastic piece, rather than just the gear gaitor.

Just phone them...if they give you a crap price (ie wrong part), then try another dealer by phone...ask for part number and use that! ;)

Use the old Search Button (Cheers Da/Daz) Part Number is 8200071449