ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Honda Accord Type R (VTEC Kicked in etc)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Love it.

It shouts "cool" for some reason.

Would have one in a heartbeat!

M16a
I think they look really dated but at the same time look pretty cool. I like how understated they are aswell.

Until they fly by you screaming in y0! mode and you see that massive wing..

Love it Gaz.

I've went from looking at Z4's to these just to have "rainy day" money, will be keeping an eye on it and hope you enjoy.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
There are 3 of these around here, silver, black and red.. 2 of them have no spoiler and it seems to suit it more i think...

Seems a cracking buy tbh.. One of the last things inexpected you to go for!

CBR1K, F21 125D
They look f**king turd without a spoiler.

More than likely a "s" with twin pipes if it has no spoiler. There's 3 near me and he's put all the R badges on it, lack of Yo to back it up.

I do like that Gaz! Such a capable car, remember an old boy going past me in the wet at oulton like i was stood still in one. few oem+ type mods and these are brilliant.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Was chatting to a bloke in work about his last week. I really like them!

He was saying how he's had hi valve clearances done but its still Tappety too.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Cracking car .

Still think it would be better with the K & N Typhoon for the noise as myone with a panel was not vocal enough but with the typhoon was amazing .

Titanium gear knob like the EK9's?

Not sure if it's Titanium or not.

Was chatting to a bloke in work about his last week. I really like them!

He was saying how he's had hi valve clearances done but its still Tappety too.

Yep, H22A7 is always noisey.

Ah well that solves that riddle!

Cracking car .

Still think it would be better with the K & N Typhoon for the noise as myone with a panel was not vocal enough but with the typhoon was amazing .

It honestly doesn't need one, there's loads of induction noise. Maybe the air box has been altered in some way.

Wondering if you've taken a blow to the head or been replaced with a ringer in the last week lol

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
Keeping the ATR in the YO zone is an art form as well as you have to be spot on or you will be just out of the zone .

Great fun trying to master it

Do these have LSD?!

Oh yes, one of the reasons I fancied trying one.

Wondering if you've taken a blow to the head or been replaced with a ringer in the last week lol

Just having to grow up a little, I think my solicitors going bust on Friday gave me a big enough kick up the arse to become more sensible.

Keeping the ATR in the YO zone is an art form as well as you have to be spot on or you will be just out of the zone .

Great fun trying to master it

It'll be spending most of it's time outside the y0 zone.

Btw you can't come on here saying a VTEC motor pulls just as well as an RS when not screaming it's nuts off. There'll be a pitchfork waving crowd of morons outside your door setting fire to things if you say that here.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Like these, remember having a big lift off oversteer moment in my mates at 100+ on the Marham trackday, really nicely balanced chassis! Sound nice too!

My mate's Dad has had 3 ATRs now, he loves them. They're a good contender for when I have to get a sensible looking car that's still decent to drive.

Lol!

Had some grief in town running around various solicitors sorting my mess of a house purchase out, so I thought I'd go the twisty way home. 2nd/3rd gear only, it's an awesome chassis. Love the LSD doing it's job, it's a bit light on the rear under heavy braking but nothing bad. It'll keep me amused anyway.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah good choice sir. I loved mine and would still have one today.

It's amusing how well these handle. The diff certainly works.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol! Good choice if it's what you posted on FB. Should look good!

What other coilover options are there?

Yeah it's a set of Evo 10 Enkeis, off the FQ360 I believe. Might be a little bit big for gay Honda arches but we'll see.

BC Racing, MeisterR and XYZ are the other options. They seem to be the flavours of the month AccordR, but I always thought they were a bit "cheap" TBH.

CBR1K, F21 125D
I had Tein flex on mine, very good. But pricey.

I would go for XYZ from Vtec Direct and get Andy to fit them with his fast road alignment.

Teins are f**king useless on UK roads, damping rates are fine for Japan's nice smooth roads, but not ours. Plus they adjust height via spring preload, which is a b****cks way of doing it.

Edition 30
Ooh, bit of an odd choice.

Kinda like it though. Hope you don't have as much trouble as previous cars!

CBR1K, F21 125D
Yes they had the controller box, its make a difference, but not as much as you think, infact once I found a comfy setting for the road I never touched it.

But was ace for trackdays.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yet to hear anything bad about MeisterR's on various different Marques...

Yes they had the controller box, its make a difference, but not as much as you think, infact once I found a comfy setting for the road I never touched it.

But was ace for trackdays.

There's an almost new second hand set of Flexs for sale with the EDFC, I'll sell some wheels after my holiday, hopefully get those. Fortunately these adjust properly, not via the spring seat like the Teins my Mazda had.