ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s 1996 Mazda RX7 FD3S Efini (JDM & Rotary Content)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Chuffed to bits for you Gaz, i'd never as a ghey buy one in a million years. Japanese and weird engine makes my wallet and balls tighten.

Right up your street though dude. Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up! ;)

Looks great! Will be even better with one of your sets of wheels on there.

I wish I had the balls/garage space to run something like this, as Ben said I love the brap brap idle some of the slightly heavier tuned ones have. Vaguely remember Malice explaining what it is that makes them do it but I've forgotten by now.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Dont like them in stock form, but with subtle mods(ie wheels, stance, despoiler) they are one of the nicest looking cars ever.

Dont think I could live with something that old, but I know from your thread how much you wanted this, and Im glad its all worked out for you :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I live the history of it spending so long in Japan. That makes it even more awesome.

When I washed it today, as the screen dried you could make out where some funky Jap stickers had been on the rear window. One of them said "Something Rogue", can't remember the first word now, but it sounds like some Japanese car crew!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
seeing as its only don't 26k miles lol it doesn't matter how old it is :) and they made them up to 2002 with nothing really changing...

as you said rx8 seats fit with a bit of modding to the rails...

the recaro seats are nice but command such a high price!!!

brapping can be done on a large street port, but gets very boring lol especially if you have pissy neighbours, tbh you can map a stock car to brap a bit...

enjoy the quietness of the stock exhaust lol!

keo

Clio Trophy
I like it, not brave enough to buy one myself though. No pistons, black magic??? Lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my shotgun exhaust is supposed to be considered fairly quiet lol... compared to the blitz nur spec i had... its massively quiet compared to that, the nur was just mental! shotgun gives a nice raspy rotary tune and once the screamer pipe opens... well my hearing is becoming worse put it that way!!! which is why I'm now on a cabin sound deadening mission lol! floors, roof, rear arches, fire wall, doors, trans tunnel are all gonna get heavily sound deadened!

i might know someone with a stock strut brace that I'm trying to get for you... gimme a couple days will see what i can do :) I'm surprised jit didn't put one on... did you collect or did he deliver?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Looks pretty decent if im honest.

Please look after this one and dont let it rust to death...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks fantastic mate. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Will keep an eye on this, Nardi looks much better sounds like you've got a bit of a list to sort right from the outset.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Looks pretty decent if im honest.

he looked after his 200!! better than most people do!! rust is rust if you catch it late or its in areas you can't see... tough s**t!

gaz take a pic of the wiring you say is dodgy... a lot of the wiring in a rx7 looks a bit amateur lol...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lovely. The mechanic that worked on my integra has a track rx7 at 538bhp, says it will be fit for 600bhp soon, crazy!

How much?

£6.2k

Seeing as I only had it the final 2 years of it's 14 years in the UK, I'm not really to blame for the rust!
sounds like you've got a bit of a list to sort right from the outset.

Wouldn't be one of my cars if it didn't!
gaz take a pic of the wiring you say is dodgy... a lot of the wiring in a rx7 looks a bit amateur lol...

It'll be on FDUK soon, I've no doubt there's more to find yet. The radio is also wired up weirdly, doesn't work at all!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol, its a shame you are so far away from me, would happily come help you, i have had pretty much everything go wrong that can go wrong lol!

Edition 30
I hate wiring too.

Got to swap some stuff over from one car to another and I'm dreading it. Tape FTW.

Tape FTL...

c2057a33.jpg

bf9ee251.jpg

I think those 2 are related, there's a random switch in the centre that's been added in, which is all the red wire. That also seems to be spliced into the handbrake, and I guess that's ignition related behind the steering column. Turbo timer maybe?

My radio is also wired in with lots of spade connectors, and doesn't work lol.

FUUUUU electrics.

f**king right old mess that. I hate pulling cars apart to find some cowboy has been attacking the wiring. Tape, scotch locks etc are the tools of the devil.

f**king right old mess that. I hate pulling cars apart to find some cowboy has been attacking the wiring. Tape, scotch locks etc are the tools of the devil.

I see it so often at work.

"No I wont spend £3 on that wiring adaptor, instead i'll spend f**king ages cutting everything to shreds, twist all the bare wires together then lash everything in leccy tape!"

Followed by:

"Eeeeeerre mayyyyteeeee my stereo int workin anymoreeeee, its brand new and i fit it misen and everyfinnnn!!!"

Rip it all out and start again gaz.