ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz or BC coilovers

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Gaz Golds all round 500/lb front 650lb rears
PMS Strut brace and top mounts
Whiteline RARB
PMS Rear Beam
Black Series Bushes (replacing all rubber bushes)
Roll Centre Correction Hubs
Gripper LSD
FIA Sassa Rollcage
197 Brembos conversion
Pro Race 1.2's fitted with 195/50/15 Extreme VR2's in R5 compound.
Also to bear in mind this has a full interior and is probably still weighing in at over 1000kg
Rich

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried the R7 compound? Maybe the softs are going off too quick.

Wouldn't have thought you'd be getting that much understeer with that setup, it's mega!

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
The R5's are brilliant wouldn't swap them for the world I'd say they are on a pair with the Avon ZZR A24 compound.
It's not terminal understeer but I'm not getting the rear to rotate as much as I'd like plus I need to up the front poundage to reduce some of the roll (ideally I do this with the front ARB but you I can't replace it with a rose jointed item due to to the regs) so I need to up the fronts and in turn up the rears hopefully with AST's with their improved damping over the Gaz Golds this should give the desired results but I can let you know on my first day on the 21st Feb.
Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Hillclimbs, I do the Midland Hillclimb Championship and the Leaders and the odd Curborough (Mainly for testing as it's just up the road and cheap)
Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
That's why I spin the life out of them before a run and why you need to run the softest compound possible.
The proper race boys running on slicks use Avon's in A15 & A92 compound push your thumb into them and it'll leave a prefect mark of your thumb print.
Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
No artificial tyre warming is allowed but you can "Spin Clean" your tyres in the predesignated area before the Start Line.
Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
800lb rears wow, thought my AST's with 550lbs where firm. Presumably your's isn't road legal?
Totally Road Legal, Taxed, Tested and MOT'd it has to be for the Road Going Production Regs although I rarely drive it on the road.
I take it to and from events on a trailer towed behind my Motorhome.
Rich