ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GAP security

A slow one :-(

has anyone used them?

Im thinking of getting them to put my alarm in cos i need the car to get too wrok and no where nr me is open on a sat! So was wonderign if anyone had any good/bad reports about them!

Always had good reports- and always on back pages of Max Power- id say you should have no problems matey!

Samm

they fitted my alarm and had no probs with it. Although they are a little overpriced.

Have head some bad rumours about them, but as i said had no trouble with mine.

Pete

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i had the worst experience with them, they were charging me 100 quid extra than a local place but i went with them as i needed it done quick and the local place was 2 week wait, ne way got them to come out, and the person that comes out is not a gap person, they get some random company to go and install it for them, the bloke that installed it moved my coolant bottle so he could mount the siren, all the coolant ran out i didnt know and i drove the car, but noticed the temp before i got to far.

Then when they put all the trim back in the car, it all rattled like hell. I have caleld gap many times and i have had no luck they wont do anything about it, when i bought it i was told i would get a free cliffnet wizard and a pager system which i never got, gap have hung up on me when i have called them and they are just the worst people for after sales service, and if u want to keep up the offer they have of if your car is stolen that they will refund u etc, u have to have a service each year which costs 150-200 depending if they have to fix ne thing or not but base price is 150.

They gave the worst service i ever had, dont bother with them, find a mobile alarm installer, some companies will come to your place of work to install it, and some will come out on sundays.

go with gap if u want but i would never use them again or even recomend them, they sent me a letter the other day saying for a special LOW LOW price for certain customers only they would fit remote start to my consept 300, the price was 150 quid! when u can buy the unit for like 80 quid and i got a m8 that will fit it for a few pints.

complete rip off, worst money i ever spent.

Focus 2.0 Ghia

GAP fitted my Avital alarm for me and it was a good service. The fitterwas a propper GAp fitter van and everything, and i sure got my moneys worth out of him as the winder winders were b4astrds to put in.

i will agree that there a bit overpriced, but no complaints from me.

Its all down to who fits it.

Theyre a nationwide firm who get smaller companies to come and do the work.

Ive had no problem with mine, good service, and reasonably priced. Had to haggle on the phone though, but got it a fair bit cheaper.