ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G1 G Techniq ?

Black Sheep
My question is has anyone tried this stuff, will I really be able to "spoon" my mrs for an extra 5 mins as the Ice falls of my windows lol. seriously though does the Ice come off really easy when this stuff is applied? before I invest in some.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kits/winter-whatever/

Next question, I know its probably been covered but can you recommend me a good wax for winter. Something I can apply a few coats of in October then forget about it for the rest of winter so something nice and durable. At the moment I am using vics concours its amazing wax, just dont want to be re applying it during winter.

Thanks

Stuart

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I had G3 on my windows over last winter and truthfully it did make it alot easier. So G1 should be equal, if not better tbh.

As for wax, maybe a few coats of Collinite 476s?

BG 182FF
Ive been thinking about getting some G3, doe i need to use G4 first to clean the windscreen? is G3 difficult to apply?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ive been thinking about getting some G3, doe i need to use G4 first to clean the windscreen? is G3 difficult to apply?

Get the G3/G4 pack yes. Works a lot better when the glass is properly clean.

Not hard to do really, just apply the G4 as you would a polish and buff off, then the same with the G3.

Not a 320d
My G1 has been on about 2 months and theres no visible signs of degridation anywhere. Doesnt sheet as well as Rain racer would for example which I have on my side windows, but its more than adequate.

If you want to have a wax you can leave over winter, Colly 476 would be a good bet or FK1000p. Or use a nano sealant like wolfs body wrap or C1.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
a little G3 on a MF cloth will cover 1/3 of a windscreen. leave it 10mins to dry and buff off lasted approx 8weeks before it had noticeably deteriorated, applied again and topped up with C2 diluted and it's going OK. it doesn't last against using the wipers as G1 is supposed to but it performs as low as 30mph.

I used a glass cleaner and clay to prep before G3, didn't bother with G4 although may be more important if using G1 with it's increased durability.

BG 182FF
when you you use IPA? this stuff isnt cheap, id like to do it properly and get a few months out of it. Am i right in thinking

wash
G4
IPA
G3

I would ask Rob about the bonding abilities of G3 to clean glass and G3 to G4. Much like egp to srp.

Black Sheep
Cheers for the input guys. I will consider what you have told me before I make my purchases next month.