ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuse!?

Clio Mk1
I have a distinct lack of reversing lights on my car, so I thought fair enough, and changed both the bulbs....... but still no lights!
So was told it was a fuse, looked in my fuse box and got quite confused!
There is a bunch of symbols there, which one is for the reversing lights?
Its a Mk 1 Clio by the way!
Thanks

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There wont be a separate fuse just for the reversing lights, it will be covered by an auxiliary circuit fuse.

Do you not have an owners handbook ???

Another possible cause is a faulty or badly adjusted reversing light switch, normally located on the gearbox, not sure exactly where on your car though.

edit
I just did a search and I think it should be fuse #12 ..... 10A (red)

Last edited:
  Clio Mk1
Forgot I posted this.
Just searched for reversing lights and my own topic was here. lol
Thanks for the answer, will have to do some looking and fiddling tomorow, let people know how it goes.
Cheers

Clio Mk1
Grrrrrr.
Just spent all day having quality time with my french machine, changed practically all the fuses, the bulbs, changed the reversing light sensor, rewired about 10 inches, cos the wires going to the switch had been severed.
But now i am fresh out of ideas, and still have no reversing lights.

So, does anyone have any ideas at all????

LY 182
Grrrrrr.
Just spent all day having quality time with my french machine, changed practically all the fuses, the bulbs, changed the reversing light sensor, rewired about 10 inches, cos the wires going to the switch had been severed.
But now i am fresh out of ideas, and still have no reversing lights.

So, does anyone have any ideas at all????
you need to see what you do and dont have or you have no chance!
start at the light cluster and work your way back.
with it in reverse ignition on do you have at the bulb
1 an earth, 2 a live
if you have a live and no earth clean the connecter on the cluster.
if you have no live do you have a live at the plug in to the connecter- if so clean the connecter
and work your way back like that.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
can almost garantee its the switch in the gearbox! my car did it to me, never got it fixed... soon got used to reversing with no lights! lol

Clio Mk1
sash- i meant the reversing light switch, not sensor sorry, but thank you.

ditz- cheers, sounds like a good plan, what do i test it with though? will one of those screwdrivers with the light on do?