ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funniest Thing You Have Been Told By A Dealer...

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I work in a dealership and some of the things customers say to me is unreal!!!

like i said i have thousands more stories lol

Please share them, I do like to hear stories from the other side of the fence so to speak :approve:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I got told yesterday that they don't let young lads test drive 200's cos they just wanna thrash them and not buy them. He asked what car I had I said that 182 there he then said I'll just have a word with the boss. Lol who said I'll book ya in.
I really can't stand dealers, the bullshit that comes out of there mouth grates on me and there lack of knowledge of there own product is retarded.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got told yesterday that they don't let young lads test drive 200's cos they just wanna thrash them and not buy them. He asked what car I had I said that 182 there he then said I'll just have a word with the boss. Lol who said I'll book ya in.
I really can't stand dealers, the bullshit that comes out of there mouth grates on me and there lack of knowledge of there own product is retarded.
Thought 25 would be the sort of target age for 200.

RB Clio 182
Similar sort of thing as above, assuming what younger lads want or can afford! I went to look at the corsa and astra vxr a couple of days ago with my cousin as I'm thinking of selling my 182 soon.

Was looking at the astra vxr and of course mr. salesman pops out and asks my cousin how he could help him, where he said "it's for him (me)", at this point the salesman just seem to drop his shoulders and do the usually old what's the point he's just on the blag. He then starts talking where I at this point asked about the corsa vxr and said he had a sporty corsa at the back of the forecourt, being me I thought I may have missed it so followed him across.

When we got there he showed me the corsa venom version, where I said "you know this is a 1.2", his response being "yeh but it looks sporty and has bigger alloys, and I thought it may be better on insurance for you", where I just said "doesn't quite compare to the performance of the Clio 182 outside that I drive".

Brilliant, so insulted and told what I want.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well I thought the same I'm 26 next week. Salesmen are just w*****s that's all who forget that there job is just selling cars and there's 18 year olds that can actually earn 3 times as much as them.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well I thought the same I'm 26 next week. Salesmen are just w*****s that's all who forget that there job is just selling cars and there's 18 year olds that can actually earn 3 times as much as them.
Not to mention younger people probably still live at home and have pretty much 100% disposable income to throw at a car.

I went to look at a 182 in Wigan a couple of weeks ago.

Me - How much is this going for then?
Seller - £5900
Me - Right ok, has it had the belts done?
Seller - Well it has full Renault service history so yes
Me - Are you sure?
Seller - Let me have a look...................It says it needs it doing at 70k
Me - Yeah but they brought it down to 48k
Seller - Well i go off the book, it doesnt need it doing
Me - It does, it changed. Thanks.

Had a look around it again

Me - Cheers, i think ill leave it mate, with it that price and needing the belts etc done which will cost £400 ish
Sellers - No it wont (both got really uptight about it!)
Me - It does, its about 4 hours labour
Sellers - No its not. Its chain driven, will take 2 hours max
Me - Nope its a belt and because of the aircon, its alot trickier to sort
Sellers- No its not

They both jump on there phones getting quotes, one of them gets off and says right it is a belt and takes 4 hours (told you so!) then the other gets off and says the belt kit is £150 to them at trade.

Me - Yeah guys, add it up 4 hours labour = £200 + at least £200 for belts = £400, bye bye

Muppets!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^

All 182's are due now or soon though if they haven't been done.

Sure I read somewhere one here today about if you only do short journeys it needs doing at 48k, but you dont know if all its done is short journeys :S

182....WEAPON!
It had been ongoing for a couple of days and tbh I was glad Id finally broken him! I kinda laughed in his face when he said it which seemed to annoy him a bit more! I always intended to write to Reno UK but never got round to it :(

where about in west lothian you from mate?

Clio 182
Went to Renault Wrexham yesterday to get a quote on fixing the mess
another garage has made of my bumper and grills.
Told him all the things that had to be put right and showed him that the bumper was a different colour to the wings.

Fool -”Well that’s because the bumper is plastic sir and you will never match paint when one is on metal and one is on plastic."

Me - But the wings are plastic?

Fool -”Errrrrrrr"

Bux

Golf GTD
Went to Renault Wrexham yesterday to get a quote on fixing the mess
another garage has made of my bumper and grills.
Told him all the things that had to be put right and showed him that the bumper was a different colour to the wings.

Fool -”Well that’s because the bumper is plastic sir and you will never match paint when one is on metal and one is on plastic."

Me - But the wings are plastic?

Fool -”Errrrrrrr"

Haha, did you go over to your car and make the wings flex?

BLACK GOLD 182
HONDA - TYPE R.

ME: HELLO DO U HAVE ANY TYPE R'S I WOUDL LIKE THE EP3 2001-2006....

HONDA: NO, AND THERE IS NOT ONE IN OUR SYSTEM...

ME: OH WELL I'M ON USED HONDA AND I CAN SEE 9...

HONDA: WELL NON ON THE WHOLE SYSTEM HERE WHAT SITE IS IT...

ME: HONDA'S SITE

HONDA: WELL ITS LYING MR TRAFFORD

.....EPIC FAIL BY HONDA

BLACK GOLD 182
AS FOR RENUALT - WE HAVE DONE YOUR AUX BELT SIR BUT CAM BELT NEEDS DOING AT AROUND 46K....SO I RANG RENAULT FOR PRICE.....JUST FOR CAMBELT THEY WANTED 1K....WTF!!!! I SAID NARH f**k IT RATHER BUY NEW ENGINE LOL I BOUGHT BELT AND GOT MY MATE TO FIT IT COST ME £204.49...WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR PRICES???? WOMEN AT COUNTER SAID CAR WOULD BE NEED ALL DAY AND THAT LABOUR FOR FULL DAY AND COS ITS A HUGE JOB IT WOULD BE SO MUCH.....b****cks THEY JUST ROBBIN c***s I WILL NEVER GO TO RENAULT FOR FUK ALL!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
AS FOR RENUALT - WE HAVE DONE YOUR AUX BELT SIR BUT CAM BELT NEEDS DOING AT AROUND 46K....SO I RANG RENAULT FOR PRICE.....JUST FOR CAMBELT THEY WANTED 1K....WTF!!!! I SAID NARH f**k IT RATHER BUY NEW ENGINE LOL I BOUGHT BELT AND GOT MY MATE TO FIT IT COST ME £204.49...WHERE DO THEY GET THEIR PRICES???? WOMEN AT COUNTER SAID CAR WOULD BE NEED ALL DAY AND THAT LABOUR FOR FULL DAY AND COS ITS A HUGE JOB IT WOULD BE SO MUCH.....b****cks THEY JUST ROBBIN c**tS I WILL NEVER GO TO RENAULT FOR FUK ALL!

Did you also buy your mate the correct locking tools?, its a big job and you sould have the Cambelt Kit not just the belt done. :dapprove:

im not looking forward to my hunt for a new car i know ive got the wedge to put a decent deposit but no ones going to take me seriously :(

1.4 phase 1
im not looking forward to my hunt for a new car i know ive got the wedge to put a decent deposit but no ones going to take me seriously :(

Why would'nt they take you seriosly? if you have the wedge they will happily take your money.

Me: Hi i would like to order a Megane 250 please
Dealer: We're too busy at the moment, Can you come back another time

WTF

Why would'nt they take you seriosly? if you have the wedge they will happily take your money.

its my youthful good looks i just have the feeling they take one look at me an think ah we can screw him over or im wasting their time :(

1.4 phase 1
its my youthful good looks i just have the feeling they take one look at me an think ah we can screw him over or im wasting their time :(
if you know your stuff when they try to screw you over you luagh in their face.

The 1.6 16v MK2 has drum brakes does it not?

when buying my girlfriends 1.6 16v mk2 clio i told the salesman it needs new rear disks.

he tells me it doesnt as its just been thru the workshop for a safety check that picks up these things and if they are legal then they arnt changing them. i said no im not saying i think it needs rear disks im telling you it needs rear disks. he seems disgusted and says ok ill put a workshop note on it and have it checked out.

i take it a test drive and get the huge droan of a rear wheelbearing, i tell him this after the test drive and he tells me its because its just had new rear pads, and they make a noise as they touch the disk. again after an argument he agrees to have it checked out.

so we go ahead and put a deposit down on the car and get a phonecall later that afternoon, yes you were correct its having new rear disks and wheelbearings fitted along with new brake pads all round and new front disks.

all very well but what kind of safety check do arnold clark do that MISSES the fact a car needs ALL the brakes changed?!?!?!?

I went to look at a 182 in Wigan a couple of weeks ago.

Me - How much is this going for then?
Seller - £5900
Me - Right ok, has it had the belts done?
Seller - Well it has full Renault service history so yes
Me - Are you sure?
Seller - Let me have a look...................It says it needs it doing at 70k
Me - Yeah but they brought it down to 48k
Seller - Well i go off the book, it doesnt need it doing
Me - It does, it changed. Thanks.

Had a look around it again

Me - Cheers, i think ill leave it mate, with it that price and needing the belts etc done which will cost £400 ish
Sellers - No it wont (both got really uptight about it!)
Me - It does, its about 4 hours labour
Sellers - No its not. Its chain driven, will take 2 hours max
Me - Nope its a belt and because of the aircon, its alot trickier to sort
Sellers- No its not

They both jump on there phones getting quotes, one of them gets off and says right it is a belt and takes 4 hours (told you so!) then the other gets off and says the belt kit is £150 to them at trade.

Me - Yeah guys, add it up 4 hours labour = £200 + at least £200 for belts = £400, bye bye

Muppets!

But you're wrong too?

They probably went back inside and laughed about you on their intranet forum, in a similar thread to this.

BLACK GOLD 182
Did you also buy your mate the correct locking tools?, its a big job and you sould have the Cambelt Kit not just the belt done. :dapprove:

bought gates power grip kit for bwt 105 quid and give mate 100 to do it. he does the kits all the time up here :)