ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

full tank- how many miles??? 182

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
probs between 350 - 400. £52 it bloody well cost me the other day!
first half of my tank lasts quite a while then it just p*sses out. it'll sit on the line for aaages, then i'll get back in next time and it's dropped a notch!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
think our record is about 420-430.... but that was driving with a very light foot!.... but it can be done!... if you keep the revs under 3k, and keep a top speed of about 60mph!

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
think our record is about 420-430.... but that was driving with a very light foot!.... but it can be done!... if you keep the revs under 3k, and keep a top speed of about 60mph!

I've been trying to keep to 2k revs.

I've been experimenting this week and have done 200 miles on half a tank.
Think the clio tank must be an odd shape, because the top dissappears loads faster than the bottom of the guage...

I'm aiming for 400 miles. I had such good intentions until our journey home tonight... :eek:

I know it's not supposed to be driven like a DCi, before people start harping on. :rasp:

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Up and down the motorway mon-fri i get about 420, sometimes a little bit more. That's me in my 172 Cup.

I think of the tank as shaped like an onion, it's got to be cos my top bit goes down waay too quick but then it evens out. as it goes to halfway it seems to get stuck on half for ages!

clio trophy No56
About 420ish motorway miles, proven when i picked my Trophy up and drove home.
I just did 250miles on £30 so i would say about 350 to 420 depending on how u drive.

Since ive had mine, (a month) from a full tank with one bar left on the gauge ive made over 300 miles easy, and thats with a lot of heavy foot driving from my 172 Cup!!! Im travelling to scarborough from Guildford tomorrow, ill let you guys know how many miles i get then trying to be economical :)

fat 182
ive just come back from cornwall to my house 340ish miles with the roof box on averaging about 80ish on the motorways
the fuel light came on about 10 miles away from home

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I drive my Williams like a saint and this last time i got 353 miles which worked out an average of 36.6 mpg. [I also have a decat]

How many litres is a fill for a RenaultSport. I think on the above fill was around 43.

T

thecremeegg

My 1.4 clio has a 50 litre tank and I think the RS's are the same

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Mixed town / country lane driving.... 300 Miles average per tank

Still use V Power all the time!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've been going from Wakefield to Broad Street in Birmingham & back again over the past 2 months. I've been 3 times so far, 114 miles each way so 228 in total equals 1 tank of fuel every time.

Maybe 1 hour 25 minutes to complete the journey might expalin it.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Just filled up from 41 miles left on trip... £51.... i should be used to it by now, but it still hurts!... Glad i don't have a chelsea tractor!
Will report back figures in a couple of weeks!

PH2 172
I went upto liverpool in my 172 friday put £50 in used half a tank there then on way back put another £25 and used that so in total used 1 tank and 3/4 there and back on the way there got around 40.9 mpg and on way back 37.9 mpg

clio sport 182 cup
hi i filled up on sat mornigh and do a return trip to edingburgh 280 miles and light neally on. dose any one else seem to think the needle moves far faster than the trip computer says i.e gallons used and miles to refule etc?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
my best is 423 - i ran out of fuel going to the station with the trip computer saying 35 miles left !

i saw 413 the other week doing an experiment to see how far i could get... normally i average around 330 ish.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
I've been going from Wakefield to Broad Street in Birmingham & back again over the past 2 months. I've been 3 times so far, 114 miles each way so 228 in total equals 1 tank of fuel every time.

Maybe 1 hour 25 minutes to complete the journey might expalin it.
i did brum and back a couple of weeks back and still had 1/2 tankful left - didn't go above 65 though to acheive it.... wouldn't recommend it for your sanity though.

Went up birchdown for my service last monday, 160mile round trip. I got 45.5mpg was very imprssed!!

I usually get around 300mile a tank.

Black ff172
I've just worked something out

I reckon I get about 330ish miles on a tank, maybe more which is about 35mpg. The 08 plate corsa hire car I had last week did about 45mpg. Now get this, 330 miles in the corsa would have cost me a tenner less than 330 in the 172. I reckon the amount of enjoyment I get out of the 172 is worth well more than the 3p a mile it costs me over a more economical (totally dull) car!:cool: