ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail removal

I'm sending my spare inlets off to jamsport for porting, I need to send the fuel rail guard as well that I have fitted as it needs painting to match. Don't have a spare.

How does it come off? I can't see what's holding it on, also can I run the car while it's not attached? Ta

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'm sending my spare inlets off to jamsport for porting, I need to send the fuel rail guard as well that I have fitted as it needs painting to match. Don't have a spare.

How does it come off? I can't see what's holding it on, also can I run the car while it's not attached? Ta

As above, 2 nuts. If you look at it head on, you will see about 4 holes facing forward. 2 of them have nuts in them, that you need to remove.

No danger in running the car without. Only danger is if you have a big head on impact, your fuel lines don't have the guard, so could catch fire and go boom.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Mine was weird, LHD side was a 13mm flanged nut. RHD side was a 10mm flanged nut.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
dont worry about petrol, that only happens with the fuel rail and not the cover.

PH2 172
THIS IS A NUT.gif THIS A BOLT.png THIS IS A STUD.jpg THIS IS A STEPPED STUD.jpg
The fuel rail cover is retained by two 8mm x 1.25 pitch flange nuts.
For some reason,Renault chose to commission these with a 10mm socket head size,but these can be replaced by 2 a penny 13mm socket head sized flange nuts,providing you have a deep thin walled socket.

For those who do not know better,I hope the attached illustrations will be educational.

Last edited: