ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Filler Cap hinge

Clio
Hi,

I am doing some corrosion treatment around the fuel filler on my 182. In removing the filler cap, the plastic hinge base plate disintegrated.

Is this part available separately and where from?

Thanks,

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I am doing some corrosion treatment around the fuel filler on my 182. In removing the filler cap, the plastic hinge base plate disintegrated.

Is this part available separately and where from?

Thanks,

Not new it isn’t. New it’s only available as part of the fuel door, it all PIA.
Cost about £50.

Ask me how I know. 😅

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just remember they're identical on all mk2 ph2 clios. Probably grab a vgc one from a breaker

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@frayz Same. I bought genuine. But the design is crap really as its go plastic bolts which is kind a fit once and that's it. You'll have to break them to remove them.

But I didnt want to take the risk of the flap "drooping" after it was fitted on a non genuine item.

Clio
Hi,

Should it be of use to someone, it is possible to repair the mounting bracket if you can collect enough of the parts together. I glued mine back together and then used a junior hacksaw to remove the bolt head plastic surround, so it can be mounted back on using standard nuts and bolts with washers.

Photo attached. I will be painting the bracket and bolts with touch up paint once it's delivered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20200419_185914a.jpg
    20200419_185914a.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 65