ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Consumption !!!

well in my cup from a full tank of v-power i do mixed driving and about 300+miles a week 2 wrk and when friday comes round again i usually have about 2bars left

Clio GT 1.6
Guys whats the tank capacity on 172/182 or 197/200's?
I've got a Clio GT 1.6 so just as a comparison - from mixed driving I get over 400 miles from the 55l tank. 35-38mpg I think.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
No it doesn't? Unless it's blowing ice cold air it's just like any other cars fan/heater.

Climate control however ;) Also unless the air con pump is actually "on" which it won't be this time of year, it doesn't use anymore fuel.

You can still have warm or hot air conditioned air? It just heats it up after its been "conditioned"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My point is the A/C compressor is not on unless it's cooling, so i shouldn't be using anymore fuel at the moment cos it's not going to be on.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Depends if your climate control is set to auto or not? If you've manually pressed the AC button then surely its on all the time? If its in Auto, then ye, it'll only be on if its cooling?

P.S. Im not arguing with ya, just discussing as thats the way I always assumed it worked?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah if you press it, it's on, but you'd have to be pretty silly to have it on when it's cold?

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Now i'm starting to wonder if I have problems. I'm getting about 24mpg, but thats from purely stop start town driving...so maybe is correct.

Clio 182 FF
How mamny litres are you putting in? Cos i usually get that, and it's more like 30mpg.

Hmm not really sure how many litres. I only travel literally 3 minutes to work (not even worth driving lol). Cant be good for the car really, all the stopping and starting and sometimes ragging it on cold engine. :nono:

Clio 182 FF
Now i'm starting to wonder if I have problems. I'm getting about 24mpg, but thats from purely stop start town driving...so maybe is correct.

sounds about right that mate, similiar to me.....not driving it long enough and maintaining a even speed. (if that makes sense) like i said mines about 22mpg just town driving and driving to work.