ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front suspension installation. normal?

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Hi all,
Recently bought new 172 cup shocks and springs.trying to fit today and from what I've read is a really easy job. Problem is the shock is sitting much lower then the hub bolts and not aligning up as I would expect. Is that normal? I can get them to align by fighting with the control arm to push it lower but I didn't think that was needed. I did have problems installing LBJ also due to control arm being higher then it should have been. I'm thinking there is something up with the arb? Thoughts ? The shock is actually hitting driveshaft in picture.

IMG-20160513-WA0000.jpeg

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
are both wheels off the ground? if not you'll be fighting the arb to line it up.

Reactions: Gus

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
I'd just push it down and put the bolts in then really, shouldn't be too hard to line up? as long as it all bolts together i'd say it was good. Be careful not to put tiny holes in the driveshaft gaiter if its touching the strut ive done that before haha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get a big bar through the wishbone and under the subframe.
With one hand put all of your weight on it until the holes line up.
Whack the bottom bolt in, then a bit of wiggling and you'll get the top bolt in.

Wallop.

Last edited:

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Ok, sounds like you all think its normal. I've managed to get everything in but it wasn't an easy job like everyone else says, wrestled with it for a while.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I've done this loads of times and it is still not easy. I have developed a technique that works for me involving a large screwdriver to get one hole aligned then pushing in and down hard on the hub which then lets you get a bolt into the other hole. With one bolt in the other is a lot easier to fit. Remember that the bolts push in from the front.