ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers

Im looking to fit some new components or co-axials to my mk2 clio. The question is - because the car has components already in, would fitting co-axials mean I would have two sets of tweeters? (one in dash, one in new speaker)? I dont want to take the dash off, or pay anyone (limited funds).

What would up be best to do? Is the quality of the standard tweeters fairly poor? Maybe just fit new mids?

not if you get 2 way coaxiles.

but tbh the standard speakers are so poor, those tweaters have to go.

my components are sitting in my house waiting to get fitted:)

dont do co-ax....... please

components were put in the car from new for a reason, they sound a hell of a lot better than co-ax

its not too difficult to fit components, and will be well worth the extra effort when they are completed

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

co ax? dont compute mate?

two speakers are better than one

i have audiobahn 3 way co-ax (ACX653) and they have a better sound quality than the Alpine SPR-176A components that my brother had in his corsa.