ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Speaker Mounting Depth - Mk1 Clio

Skoda Fabia vRS

right i wanna fit Alpine Type R front components in my RT, however ive heard there quite big so i wanna know what the mounting depth is on a Mk1 Clio

or, if anyone has these speakers fitted ?

They will fit depth wise. There is loads of room before the magnet gets anywhere near the window. The only thing with those is that they are quite bulky so you will probably have to make an MDF spacer or cut out a bit of the door panel to get them in.

Russ

Skoda Fabia vRS

how do you mean mate ?.........i would have thought if they fitted depth wise it would be ok ?

clio 20v

with mine cos the speaker basket was much bigger than standard it wouldnt actually fit in the hole even tho it was the same size if u kno wot i mean

a small mdf ring brought the speaker out enough an the original speaker grill still fits on an u cant tell even tho it sits a little proud off the door

adi

Ive got a whopping set of audiobahn 17cm speakers in mine, Im sure theyve got the biggest magnets going on a 17cm and they went in fine :) really easy to install :)