ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front sill jacking point size

I'm going to order some box section to do 'The Sill Mod' next weekend

However mine are flat as a pancake and I need to know the correct size to order of box section...

Can someone with straight/intact jacking points measure the depth from the bottom of the sill to the top (where it meets the chassis under the car) for me so I can order the correct size In the week?

Thanks in advance. Jon

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@MarcR what were the dimensions of the box section?

1" Box section of steel, Bought a 5 foot length from B&Q and cut it into 4" sections.

Then got lucky with drilling the holes and bolts to be honest and just done it, Thank god they all fitted and worked perfectly.

What i could suggest is getting the correct size of drill bit and making sure it goes through the hole in the sill.
Then make sure you have the correct size of bolt and nut and make sure the bolt is long enough.

I would also advise using washers also which i never done.

1" Box section of steel, Bought a 5 foot length from B&Q and cut it into 4" sections.

Then got lucky with drilling the holes and bolts to be honest and just done it, Thank god they all fitted and worked perfectly.

What i could suggest is getting the correct size of drill bit and making sure it goes through the hole in the sill.
Then make sure you have the correct size of bolt and nut and make sure the bolt is long enough.

I would also advise using washers also which i never done.

Cheers for the info MarcR

Always easier when other people have done the research first :)