ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Side Lights & Fog Lights not working?

Hi,

I have a 2001 Clio 172, the front side lights and front fog lights aren't working..

The rear side lights and rear fog light comes on when I turn them on via interior controls as normal, but the front side lights and front fog lights won't!

I have tried replaced the side light bulbs, but they still won't work :( The headlights and full beam works fine..

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me?

Cheers,
Dan.

I haven't as I don't have the manual to know what's what in the fuse box thing! But I presumed the front and rear side lights would be running off the same fuse?

CLIO PH1 172
on the passenger side of the front dash have a look in that fuse box there is a diagram on the back showing what fuses you need for the lights

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't know any mates with another Clio do you?

Take the relays out 1 by one, each time checking your lights - might only be one loose as thease can be easily kicked by a passenger with clown-feet

Take the relays out 1 by one, each time checking your lights - might only be one loose as thease can be easily kicked by a passenger with clown-feet

I don't =(

I will look at it over the weekend to make sure its not just loose though..

Cheers mate!

I pushed all the relays in but they still won't turn on :(

Near the battery you have another fuse box. The headlights fuse are normally Red and rating 10A, one for each side. See if that ones are burned.

had a quick look, there are no 10A fuses there? am I missing them?

Picture:
IMG_0487.jpg

I do have a few fuses missing where it says there should be some on the diagram, but I presumed that's because they're for features my car doesn't have?

Pictures:
ssss.jpg

dasd.jpg

Thanks guys!

had a quick look, there are no 10A fuses there? am I missing them?

Picture:
IMG_0487.jpg

Sorry mate, now I see that your car is a Clio II. When I first read I was mistaken and saw wrongly. In the Clio III that applies, you have at total 3 fuse box: One inside the car on the right bellow side of the steering wheel, one in the motor bay below the battery box and one on the right side of the battery. That´s one have the lights fuse. One time I blew all the lights from the left side of the car (touched with a flat screwdriver on the contacts that hold the lamp on the registry plate and blew the fuse) and the one that blew were in that fuse box.

Sorry mate, now I see that your car is a Clio II. When I first read I was mistaken and saw wrongly. In the Clio III that applies, you have at total 3 fuse box: One inside the car on the right bellow side of the steering wheel, one in the motor bay below the battery box and one on the right side of the battery. That´s one have the lights fuse. One time I blew all the lights from the left side of the car (touched with a flat screwdriver on the contacts that hold the lamp on the registry plate and blew the fuse) and the one that blew were in that fuse box.

Sorry, which box had the fuses in that had blown?

clio grande
IF NOT FUSE, THEN THIS IT FIXES MANY ISSUES on rear lights or fog warning when bulb is ok - FREE FIX - FINE NOSED long pointy pliers, take the rear light clusters apart, one at a time. UNPLUG the electrical connector. Use long-nosed pliers to grip head-on the EARTH connector PRONG it might be the third one down, from memory, trace the one that goes to metal track common to ALL the bulbs. TWIST THIS PRONG by just a fraction. You can WD40 it and re-assemble. Do both to be sure, but boy, have some people spent money on new light clusters - my spouse's mechanic waxed on about what a good deal he got her on a second-hand light cluster - GREAT BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT, THE CURE IS FREE. TWIST THE PRONG WITH FINE-NOSED PLIERS A FRACTION, WD40 AND RE-CONNECT. DONE, FREE!

IF NOT FUSE, THEN THIS IT FIXES MANY ISSUES on rear lights or fog warning when bulb is ok - FREE FIX - FINE NOSED long pointy pliers, take the rear light clusters apart, one at a time. UNPLUG the electrical connector. Use long-nosed pliers to grip head-on the EARTH connector PRONG it might be the third one down, from memory, trace the one that goes to metal track common to ALL the bulbs. TWIST THIS PRONG by just a fraction. You can WD40 it and re-assemble. Do both to be sure, but boy, have some people spent money on new light clusters - my spouse's mechanic waxed on about what a good deal he got her on a second-hand light cluster - GREAT BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT, THE CURE IS FREE. TWIST THE PRONG WITH FINE-NOSED PLIERS A FRACTION, WD40 AND RE-CONNECT. DONE, FREE!

I think i'm missing a trick here?

Why on earth would anyone disassemble their rear light clusters when their front fogs are not working? This makes so sense what so ever.

I'm having the same trouble with my MK2 Phase 2 172. I'm going to be checking the fuses and relays at the weekend.

Have your front fogs ever worked? Check they're actually plugged in at the back of the bulb? does a light come in on the dash for them?

As for side lights - are the bulbs plugged in correctly to the holders? LED sidelight bulbs have a polarity and must be in a particular, way, try putting them in the other way.

Ph2 1.6 5 door
glad for this photo...my fogs weren't working, i know they had before...the bloody fog light fuse was missing (guess someone's been playing silly buggers with me). i knew which slot it was & i obviously have spare fuses, but not what strength fuse should go in...stupid service book didn't tell me that
i love this forum