ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front pad shims

Hi . I have put on new disc and the new pads won't fit with the shims in . Measured the new pads and they are 1mm longer hence why they wont fit . Checked the part number and is correct . Also the rear calipers with new pads on won't fit back on with the disc washer in place . I have wound the piston back in .

dan's cast offs.
slide the rear calliper over and file the edge of the pad down, pads a cheap make?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As said, should fit fine but on the fronts I'm not using any shims as they were causing squeal. They move up and down when you brake when reversing then brake moving forward but fine other than that.

Get some pics, will make it easier to explain.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi . I have put on new disc and the new pads won't fit with the shims in . Measured the new pads and they are 1mm longer hence why they wont fit . Checked the part number and is correct . Also the rear calipers with new pads on won't fit back on with the disc washer in place . I have wound the piston back in .
Are you on about the tapered ring that goes with the hub bearing? It's essential that you get that the correct way around or else the life of the new bearing will be a LOT shorter.

All sorted took shims off front pads fit perfect . The rear pads are on and working caliper pistons needed a clean and a bit of grease . Thanks for the replies and help .