ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front caliper piston dustseal

Clio RS PH1
Hi,

The righthand front caliper on my 172 seems to be a little bit sticky. But before a take things apart again, I would like to know if the dustseal is secured to the caliper by some kind of clip. (In case it's a one time use only part, I can buy it before taking the car apart,for obvious reasons) My plan is to inspect the piston for corrosion or dirt, clean it, put ATE crease on it and put things back together. And than, well hopefully everything will work fine again.

172 cup, Impreza P1
No clip but to replace the dust boot it is easier to fit if you remove the piston and if your doing that you'd be as well replacing the seal when you're there.

Clio RS PH1
Ok,

I've inspected the piston and there was no corrosion, or dust. It was perfectly greased and it moves around. I've opened the bleeding bolt to push the piston further into the caliper. For a while it worked, but now the thing is sticky again. :( Is it possible that the brake fluid became to hot and should be changed?

Clio RS PH1
FYI,

I am running Ferrodo DS2500 FH565 and Brembo HC's. I've filed the tips down till they were the same size as the OEM Renault pads, and I'm still using the shims in the carrier. With the shims the pads move/slide free in the carrier. Is it possible that there's an inside pad and an outside pad, with a different diameter?