ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friends radical at Donnington - If link works

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
It's an 2003 sr3 but they have upgraded to the later front and rear high down force ends.
c29cb8a908e3158199446e06ecf88370.jpg
cee828b8b66e332d60b920ca3117cd63.jpg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
It's very impressive even as a passenger. Costs a fair bit to run though. They are pretty meticulous with the maintenance/preventative maintenance. But nothing is cheap from radical

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
My mate runs it with his brother. Luckily one is a mechanic(there dad owns a garage) and the other is an engineer so they do everything themselves but even so. They did a couple of rounds of the radical series last year , but the cost were massive. I think next year they might try and compete in one of the 750 series.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I think it is too large , any ideas how to compress and put it into a format that will up load

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Works. Throw a couple more corners in and the clio would leave it for dead.

That is mental quick, and the noise :)

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
ITs quite scary in the passenger seat, just can't believe its going to get round corners at the speed you doing

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
He did very well at Cadwell yesterday. Only 1.5 secs off course record

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
They are silly fast but they can be a PITA when there are a few on a trackday, they just dive down the inside of you as you are about to turn into a corner, due to the downforce and slicks they have so much more cornering speed.
I would love to go in one to see what they are like though.
My experience of Radcals at Donington

Reactions: Gus
  Swift Sport
Definitely looks very fast, but looks more thrilling than fun... If that makes sense. Lap times over good times etc.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Definitely looks very fast, but looks more thrilling than fun... If that makes sense. Lap times over good times etc.

I kinda agree , he has a 306 s16( fair bit done to it) track car and in a lot of ways that's more fun I think especially embarrassing a lot of bigger cars.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They are silly fast but they can be a PITA when there are a few on a trackday, they just dive down the inside of you as you are about to turn into a corner, due to the downforce and slicks they have so much more cornering speed.
I would love to go in one to see what they are like though.

Hate it when you get race cars using track days as test days, some of them don't give a fcuk.

182cup & 172 racecar
Hate it when you get race cars using track days as test days, some of them don't give a fcuk.

It's not the cars, I;m afraid it's the drivers.

I do the odd trackday as a tester, but never bully people out the way, it gives us a bad name.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

As Tony said its the drivers that are the main problem, on that day there were a few (not many) drivers that were driving sensible.
I don't object to racers using trackdays as long as they respect that others have paid to be there too.