ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friend's new car... (Z3 Content)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's a widearse 2.8i. Already on coilovers, and we did a bit of a trial fit on some Image 3pc. splits today.
5985052215_a96e41e82a.jpg

DSC_0104 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

They are 8.5j all round, but I think he's going for bigger dishes at the rear.

5985589924_6eb271f271.jpg

DSC_0100 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

5985026345_cb7e01c85f.jpg

DSC_0098 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

5985059587_2562db1487.jpg

DSC_0105 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

http://www.lowlifeuk.com/automotive/trial-by-bmw/

Little video of the noise in the link above. Has a cat back stainless system which was put on today. Sounds awesome!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That's my thinking. He got them for over half the price they should have been, too.

Looks a gooden, keep updated :)

A mate of mine has one of these, his is on m3 wheels, look much better with those splits on!

Turbos.
Cool fitment, will be a great stance. Image are pretty s**t though, went through so many rims. They are also heavy as fcuk and the gold colour they do is pretty dull.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I love the 2.8 Z3's. Anyone know how they drive?

Wheels look awesome but image are shoooooocking.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well thats saved me making a desicion lol

was looking to buy those wheels this weekend
Oh it was you! I did wonder, when he said some girl with a Z4 on DW wanted to try them on at awesome fest. Was a good price!
Cool fitment, will be a great stance. Image are pretty s**t though, went through so many rims. They are also heavy as fcuk and the gold colour they do is pretty dull.
Really? Me and him couldn't get over how light they were! Then again I'm used to Steelies and standard alloys.
I love the 2.8 Z3's. Anyone know how they drive?

Wheels look awesome but image are shoooooocking.
What is wrong with image? I love their s**t!
Image. :dapprove:
Again! What is up with image? I haven't heard much bad about them. Except for some people ordering them new and having defects, these seem spot on. Or is it because they aren't ROTA's? I hear you love them.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
image are shite... thier customer service skills are worse.. id have 2nd hand image wheels but certainly never buy new again... i learnt the hard way

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Have you never seen all the threads about them Jase? Worst customer service ever plus, lots of "brand new" wheels are just refurbs.

Also,

249240_10150628703615720_870525719_18790811_539452_n.jpg

Thats a brand new wheel split down..just a tad worrying. When the guy called them he was told where to go..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Guess it's a good job they're second hand, but new, and ridiculously cheap.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I lol at the wheel snobery on this forum lately.I can understand for the right reasons someone paying 8k for a set of wheels and tyres but 99% of britain buy a set of wheels for how they look...And for the time they have those wheels im sure the alloys are fine...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I lol at the wheel snobery on this forum lately.I can understand for the right reasons someone paying 8k for a set of wheels and tyres but 99% of britain buy a set of wheels for how they look...And for the time they have those wheels im sure the alloys are fine...

You've misread into this. Image wheels are nice, genuine split rims. Most are copies but theyre still splits and not what i'd call "cheap". Its the suspect build quality. Look at the cheeseholed dish! haha! Thats not the safest.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

You're missing the point. As usual.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at the banter here.

He can de-cat it, he's given himself the option to anyway ;). The car is currently at Awesomefest with the rest of the lowlife guys. :( Wish I had the dolla and time off work to go!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it apart from the tow eye, tow eye on track car, yes. Not a nice looking BMW.