ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Friend got shunted in his clio sport 172

2002 172
Was this car bought from Lincoln by any chance? Looks like my mate Chris's old one that he sold a couple of weeks ago with that plate.

Not nice to see, at least it's only the car that got damaged!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
errr it might of been matt. But if it was sold with that plate it must of been. Mate never told me where he got it from! And it is a shame as it was a very nice car indeed :/

2002 172
That's the thing I'm not sure if that was his exact plate or not just jumped out at me when I saw it bud.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hmm most probably will be his as he did get it a few weeks ago and he said he didnt have to travel far so most probably is lincoln :)

04BGFF182CLIORS
So does he think that if he repairs it, it will still be as 'mint' as before?!

Its a silver 172, just buy another!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
me and him both said it sounded a lot louder than standard! no wonder why then if it had a stealth exhaust on!

well police on the scene did say they even think it wasnt at 30mph. The guy just about to cross at the zebra crossing said he thinks it was well over 30. So noone will know apart from the guy who caused it. But im just thankful everyone walked away fine as cars are replacable :)

Ah yes...the by stander with calibrated eyes.

Someone crashed into me recently. Smashed up the back end, pushed the floor inwards about 3 inches and rolled it all up. Mine wasn't a write off. Well they tried to call it on at first but I didn't allow it.

Mines a 182 though so maybe the value of the car will be the deciding factor here.

Can't see the pics though for some reason (imageshack is blocked at work if that's what was used)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I used Tinypic to get the image URL :) uploaded by file this time so hopefully you can see.
20130209_180720.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Least he is ok, its just a silver clio at end of the day.

Plenty more out there he can buy.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Least he is ok, its just a silver clio at end of the day.

Plenty more out there he can buy.

yeah well thats what he and I have both said. A cars replaceable at the end of the day. Even though i still havent talked him out of repairing this one yet. Ive said it will never be the same and will cost a fortune but he still thinks its a good thing to do somehow!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Well my friend is a down to earth guy and he isnt one of them people who will winge and moan about whiplash unless absolute nessesary and he did say he is quite bruised and winded still but he isnt going to claim as he doesnt see the point. He just wants a car to get to and from work as he travels around east yorkshire to get to work as he works at a different place each week.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Ahh im unsure on what hes doing yet. Got to wait for the insurance to decide if its a write off etc first which im positive it will be but its waiting for the pay out also :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
His car is still sat outside his house. The insurance of the other driver have came out to inspect it twice and have said both times that the other car couldnt of caused it?! My friends got a solicitor and hes contacted the police due to them being at the scene and no doubt he will get his money out of it. Hate insurance companys!

More pics to be uploaded shortly. Cannot show inside of boot well due to my friend misplacing the keys in the house somewhere and the boot cannot open at all.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Heres a few pics to show the damage, Didnt notice but there is a dent on the passenger side rear aswell.
346pcgk.jpg

2s1ukwz.jpg

23jl99w.jpg

16c2mib.jpg

1zggavo.jpg

124h578.jpg

2jyzj6.jpg

ae13yh.jpg

zjszfn.jpg

Really amazed the back window hadnt smashed!

Last edited:
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
Almost 4 months on and he still hasnt seen a penny of the pay out. He bought the car back off the insurance for £184 and sold the whole car to one of his friends for £500. Who has said he is going to try get it back on the road. I wouldnt trust it at all. The chassis is twisted. Rear axle is slightly bent i think he said. The actual frame of the car is rubbing on one of the rear wheels. The engine still runs like a dream though so tbh if the lad was to break it would make his money back easily enough :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So he has claimed the cost through his own insurer, and they are seeking to recover fromt he third party?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Unsure as he hasnt told me much. Only that he still hasnt had a payout but he bought the car back and then sold it on for £300+ more a month later. Just waiting for the insurance to give in and pay the sum up!