ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fresh pics of the 'teg.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
So since owning the car I've done a few bits. In the past 3 months I've:

• Fitted Tanabe Pro S Coilovers
  • Rustproofed the inner arches
  • Undersealed the full car & arches
  • Painted calipers blaaaaaaack front and rear
  • JDM Manifold, DC Sports decat & centre section with a Janspeed backbox (also have the DC sports backbox)
  • 96 Spec JDM rear bumper
  • Resprayed rocker cover & engine bits
  • Changed the front bumper to a UK spec without the front fog lights
  • Serviced (done the oil twice)

Think thats about it, I've spent pretty much every Saturday since I got it doing various jobs. Pretty happy with how it looks now but still plenty to go!

8162146408_b4406948d0_c.jpg

071.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162150888_286a5674b4_c.jpg

049.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162120335_ba68001ae1_c.jpg

052.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162157180_ba4bd4a8c3_c.jpg

069.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162126695_5696cc3dbb_c.jpg

082.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162125455_4deac14828_c.jpg

081.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162128219_26e1296553_c.jpg

094.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162154152_1c27e948d2_c.jpg

057.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162167226_f9cced58b3_c.jpg

102.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
8162131027_e8967fdd87_c.jpg

097.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr

My favourite pic of recent:
8162132747_efff47711a_c.jpg

100.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr

Let me know what you think!

Dan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That car gives me a hardon. Bloody lovely.

Shame about the rear plate/foglight set up though, it looks scruffy on an otherwise lovely looking car.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Yet again...

In before the losers who don't like the wheels.

Looks lovely and clean dude. Good shots too.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looks nice! A bit different to the BMW, eh?

Another other plans for it?

Just a bit different! Still can't make my mind up on which handles "better", I did love that BMW. (Still have it as my Desktop wallpaper)

I'm supposed to be getting some 98 Spec 16" JDM wheels at the weekend for it, in white. They look a bit like Turinis, although after seeing these pics, I'm starting to like the Rotas...

Other than that I need to find out why it's so jerky on and off throttle, suspected rear engine mount failure. Plenty more maintenance to be done, but I don't mind!

That car gives me a hardon. Bloody lovely.

Shame about the rear plate/foglight set up though, it looks scruffy on an otherwise lovely looking car.

Do you mean the foglight is in a bad position or do you not like the rear end all together? I was going to remove it and be a bad ass, but the bolts were very rusty and I didn't have replacements handy.

The reg plate is as good as it's going to get, being an import. I did get the biggest size I could though. Got pulled the other night and the traffic officer didn't mention the plate.

Yet again...

In before the losers who don't like the wheels.

Looks lovely and clean dude. Good shots too.

Thanks buddy, to be honest I never really liked the wheels, until I took these pictures.. lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Engine bay looks wicked!

I personally don't like the rear fog positioning (I'd remove it altogether) the fact the plate doesn't fit the recess properly, or the little white tabs that hold it in place. I'm being VERY picky mind you, I love the car, it looks so clean.

But i'm an old cnut so my opinion is probably out of date.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks very clean, but I hated mine! Worst car I've ever owned!

Where's it imported from? Its got a UKDM front end?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I love that!

Engine bay looks wicked!

I personally don't like the rear fog positioning (I'd remove it altogether) the fact the plate doesn't fit the recess properly, or the little white tabs that hold it in place. I'm being VERY picky mind you, I love the car, it looks so clean.

But i'm an old cnut so my opinion is probably out of date.

Well some guy on a Civic forum has just told me the rear fog can actually be rewired into one of the reverse clusters quite easily, so I'm definitely going to look into that!

I see where you're coming from though pal, unfortunately as said though that's the only legal plate I can get in there! The tabs lol, they're funky, but at least I wont be losing my plate anytime soon :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tidy. Don't see many about any more !

Why the wheel hate ? Rota Slipstreams !? They look just fine !

Only thing I don't like is the rake. Back needs to go up 10-15mm or so IMO.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Oh I like that a lot! Always had a soft spot for these

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
looks immaculate mate

thanks bud

Tidy. Don't see many about any more !

Why the wheel hate ? Rota Slipstreams !? They look just fine !

Only thing I don't like is the rake. Back needs to go up 10-15mm or so IMO.

A lot of people on forums don't like Rotas, I'm not sure why, it's probably something to do with them getting bullied at school or something.

They are Slipstreams, which is a bit of a naughty replica of some very nice Regameister alloys, as seen below.

htup_0910_06+1997_acura_integra_gsr+desmond_regamaster_evo_wheels.jpg

Very nice wheels.

Good shout on the rake, I have noticed it, it's only around 5mm difference I think!, I have measured the ride height from the floor to the centre of the wheel well and its 63cm all round, which is odd when you look at the pics.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Why did you hate it?

It's a UK model with a 96 spec JDM rear bumper bud.

Ah right, makes sense!

To me, over rated 'drivers car', uncomfortable, drank fuel, noisy (wind noise etc) looked like a chav, bad visibility. Mine was a very well looked after good example, nothing wrong with it, just not my thing! All my opinion obviously!

You need to get rid of the plate and holder and get a 3/4 one on though, a million times better!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
A lot of people on forums don't like Rotas, I'm not sure why, it's probably something to do with them getting bullied at school or something.

They are Slipstreams, which is a bit of a naughty replica of some very nice Regameister alloys, as seen below.

Very nice wheels.

Good shout on the rake, I have noticed it, it's only around 5mm difference I think!, I have measured the ride height from the floor to the centre of the wheel well and its 63cm all round, which is odd when you look at the pics.

Yeah I know all about the Rota hate. Got a set myself .. None of them have set themselves on fire yet so haven't a bad thing to say about them yet. Will inform the internet when they do though.. :eek:

Back end defo needs upping ;)

Titanium 182 FF
I spent all summer looking for a UKDM DC2, ended up settling for a 182 over winter. Did you buy this one from a Wakefield dealer?

Rocker cover looks a bit of a mess I'm afraid, safer bet would have been to go smooth finish as too often attempting wrinkle coat goes a bit pete tong, aside from that and the wheels it looks a fairly solid example still prefer the JDM front end on DC2's personally.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Ah right, makes sense!

To me, over rated 'drivers car', uncomfortable, drank fuel, noisy (wind noise etc) looked like a chav, bad visibility. Mine was a very well looked after good example, nothing wrong with it, just not my thing! All my opinion obviously!

You need to get rid of the plate and holder and get a 3/4 one on though, a million times better!

Never really had a problem with comfort or fuel! The recaros are great imo, averaging 33mpg, can't complain!

I guess they are a bit raw for the average driver though, not really for everyone. Definitely a drivers car!

Looks spot on mate

Cheers bud

Yeah I know all about the Rota hate. Got a set myself .. None of them have set themselves on fire yet so haven't a bad thing to say about them yet. Will inform the internet when they do though.. :eek:

Back end defo needs upping ;)

Yeah haha, #TeamRota

Maybe the front just needs lowering ;) we'll see.

I spent all summer looking for a UKDM DC2, ended up settling for a 182 over winter. Did you buy this one from a Wakefield dealer?

It's odd you should say that as I was looking for a 182 at the time when I found this. I couldn't find a perfect RB or LY one so started looking at another car I've always wanted. Yep got it from Wakefield in July.

Rocker cover looks a bit of a mess I'm afraid, safer bet would have been to go smooth finish as too often attempting wrinkle coat goes a bit pete tong, aside from that and the wheels it looks a fairly solid example still prefer the JDM front end on DC2's personally.

It was wrinkle finish in a can, I like it. Thanks for the input...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome, but I still prefer the JDM front end to the beaky Acura one.

I'll not mention the wheels since it's taboo. :eek:

Evo 5 RS
Wheels set that off a treat. Awesome cars / example.

I'm with Chris on the JDM lights though, they look so much meaner.

Titanium 182 FF
It's odd you should say that as I was looking for a 182 at the time when I found this. I couldn't find a perfect RB or LY one so started looking at another car I've always wanted. Yep got it from Wakefield in July.

I thought it was that car, I spent a morning giving it a good once over. I am surprised you found that level of rust in the inner rear arches, I couldn't find any external signs. Just goes to show you MUST check inbetween the inner/outer skins, it's the UKDM's cancer. The root cause of the whole rear arch rust makes me :banghead: Could have easily been avoided.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Lol come on guys I don't go into threads about 200's and tell people I prefer 197's ;)

I prefer the JDMs too, but I couldn't afford one.

I thought it was that car, I spent a morning giving it a good once over. I am surprised you found that level of rust in the inner rear arches, I couldn't find any external signs. Just goes to show you MUST check inbetween the inner/outer skins, it's the UKDM's cancer. The root cause of the whole rear arch rust makes me :banghead: Could have easily been avoided.

There was not a single sign of rust when I bought it, I was very happy with the purchase. Unfortunately I found this.

It's not just the UKDMs, it's all DC2 Integras. There's a gap you have to fill in the rear arches to stop water getting into body and rusting.

This was what I found.

088.jpg

I've treated it twice now, need to get the side skirts off and treat it from underneath, but I need new clips for them first.

Titanium 182 FF
That's what I was referring to, the little gap between the inner and outer skins at the bottom edge of the wheel arch. Its no way near as severe in JDM integras, in Japan they don't use salt so the water instrusion was far less corrosive.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lovely car, I'm really really jealous!

With regards to the intake, Ive been quite impressed by the build quality and fit of the eidelbrook one I got for my clio, although I havent used it (as you can see the car isnt "quite" ready yet, lol, so cant common on gains:

994510ba.jpg

246f8974.jpg

Mine is a C4 head so slightly different bolt pattern but im sure the other variants fit just as well.

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
That's what I was referring to, the little gap between the inner and outer skins at the bottom edge of the wheel arch. Its no way near as severe in JDM integras, in Japan they don't use salt so the water instrusion was far less corrosive.

That is true, but as soon as one is used here, it'll go the same way.

You still thinking of getting one then pal?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
If its any concelation i prefer the uk models lol

Lol thanks!

Lovely car, I'm really really jealous!

With regards to the intake, Ive been quite impressed by the build quality and fit of the eidelbrook one I got for my clio, although I havent used it (as you can see the car isnt "quite" ready yet, lol, so cant common on gains:

994510ba.jpg

246f8974.jpg

Mine is a C4 head so slightly different bolt pattern but im sure the other variants fit just as well.

I've seen a few C6 eidelbrooks for sale on the forum, people state really good gains from them throughout the rev range. Although looking at the trumpets on the chap belows.... :p phwoar

Absolutely fantastic, would happily have that!

Thanks pal, means a lot

+1

Loved the look of my old one:
integra6.jpg

integra2.jpg

Oh so it's your teg too with the trumpets haha. Username fail.

I bet it sounded epic!