ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Electrics! I have no brake lights.

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

-ok, so my boot light flickers on and off, so connection is dodgy.
-a couple of times my interior light hasnt come on
-tonight my warning buzzer saying i have lights on with engine off isnt working.
-when i press my brake when driving without lights on, my sidelights come on, all of them, front, rear and my dash lights up.
-sat at work tonight againt the car wash looking at what my lights were doing:
-No lights on - press brake - sidelights come on
-Lights on - press brake - sidelights get brighter - nothing else
-ive been driving for god knows how long with no brake lights at night, help!

i thought it might have been when i changed to ph2 lights from ph1s but then realised Im still using the ph1 circuit board, as the ph2 i got off ebay dont work.

please help!!!!!!!!!

are they? so why i have 4 bulbs? 1 reverse, 1 indicator , 1 sidelight and 1 what?

just realised, side and stop are the same bulb, hense stop and tail bulbs. hahaha
but, doesnt explain why my sidelights are coming on when i break.....

unless...if i put a single filament bulb in the stop and tail bit, would that cause the car to think that side lights are on? thats my only thought, the other being the connecter is f**ked lol

HAHAHAHAHA! fixed it! when i changed to ph2 lights, one wasnt working, well the curcuit boards werent working, thats why im using ph1s.
turns out my stop and tal bulb was in reverse sot, it was brigther than the other! and a single filament bulb was in rear left brake/sidelight place. meaning the car got confused and ran the sidelights everytime i broke, single filament :)
DUH!!!!