ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show - Good Day Out

Boz

Arctic 182
Just got back from FCS. It was so much better than last year. Weather was sound, track viewing good, all club stands were much closer together, good entertainment etc.
Convoy down with Yorkshire / West Mids / East Mids lot was s**t hot, about 50 of us in it :) Thanks Donny for sorting it out.

Generally a good day, wish I could of stayed longer. Nice to meet people, partcularly John182rs, philmots, Demonknight182 and markcup.

:sleepy: Time for some kip now. Was an early start and having a few beers last night didn't help. Hope everyone else enjoyed it.

Andy

Mods - wouldn't let me post in FCS, hence its here.

Last edited:

Boz

Arctic 182
Some dude in a silver clio took a few good photos of the convoy, think he was called Rich?? I'm sure he'll be posting them up later. Also Markcup thinks he has some video footage of one of our lot in a Trophy having a spot of bother on the track, had to limp off :eek: Stopped the session for about 10 mins, not sure what happened but i'm sure someone will fill us in soon.

Boz

Arctic 182
Sounds like a good day!

What was the weather like? Just overcast?

Who was it in the trophy?

Was a bit overcast but didn't rain mate, much better than expected.
I think it was Lee in the trophy but don't quote me. No panel damage but seemed to be a fluid leek from bottom of engine and sounded rough.

997.1, Caddy, e208
No idea. 3 were going round MarkCup seemed to carry on for a lap after.

R5 JKU Or something I think as I noticed on the 2PM session a Tropy was running with the bonnet up slightly.

Lusty's arrival was fantastic, I was sitting in the car when I heard - Do you know Ed?

Did jon (TheJesus) run his car on track or 1/4 mile it? Be interesting to hear what it did.

Not got a car
The bloke with the microphone i wanted to kill !!!! :mad:

Left about half 3ish, Great day good cars, Our stand was def the best.

Tunnel was a pain in the ring !!!!

Thanks to Steve for the splitter and centre cap :cheers: Top Chap

Ph1 172
yeah was a good day excellant layout, really good cars on our stand and got a hillpower induction kit for £50 so was chuffed with that!not so good was the bloke on the microphone ad price of the food!

997.1, Caddy, e208
He was one of the last - everyone asked how his tan was and screamed when one of the showgirls gave him his goodie bag

"Dont fall in Love Lusty!!"

£5.50 for abacon + sausage bageutte!
Upping Pics now - a few duplicates though.

A4 Avant
I thought it was an ok day. Track didn't lend itself to taking pictures, you could only get a good view of two of the corners. I'll upload some of my photos soon. On the whole everything was better than last year! Food was extortionate, but was to be expected reallly!!

God some of the promotions girls were RUFF!!

1/4 mile was ok but would have been more funwith cars running next to each other.

Commentator needs to learn how to commentate!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I was going to go, but its pissing down here (cheshire) and i contracted man flu last night :(. Also wasn't impressed with last years show.

No more clio's for me!
I thought it was an ok day. Track didn't lend itself to taking pictures, you could only get a good view of two of the corners. I'll upload some of my photos soon. On the whole everything was better than last year! Food was extortionate, but was to be expected reallly!!

1/4 mile was ok but would have been more funwith cars running next to each other.

Comments exactly mate. :approve:

Hey guys. It was an awesome day. Met some really nice people and the reception I got when I rolled up was priceless....... altho highly embarrassing you cu**s ;) .

Cant wait til next year. shall we start next years attendee list :cool: .

No more clio's for me!
I was going to go, but its pissing down here (cheshire) and i contracted man flu last night :(. Also wasn't impressed with last years show.

Yeah wasn't the best in the world, RWS is far better imo. Mandys BBQ was the highlight of the show for me (edit) oh and meeting Lusty of course! :cool:

1.6 focus zetec....

Agree with this man.... alot better layout apart from that bloody tunnel but you can't get everything perfect!!

Was a good drive down although i felt the odd one out in a ford focus lol (i know its a french car show) and trying to keep up with a V6 when your late and its chucking it down is a nightmare!!

Gotta add that maz looked good as always ;) haha

Kiza

Boz

Arctic 182

Indeed! Maz, apols for nearly wiping you out when we arrived. I was the one doing the agressive reversing after overshooting our stand entry. Did you enjoy your track time?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I did take some pics of South Yorks convoy, and some on the first corner of the track. However having a nightmare getting them on. Track ones are not great, stupid fence in the way!!!! A few of the licra clad girls arses too. I will sort them and get them up soon.

Sy

whats all this stuff about lusty?

well I arrived about 9:45. As I was slowly pulling up to the stand a whole crowd from the cs stand saw me.

One shouted "Ed you puff"

another shouted "you know when you've been tango'd"

and when a dirrrty model came up to me and gave me a goodie bag someone shouted "dont fall in love lusty".

They then all cheered and started clapping.

It was highly embarassing, but damn funny!!! :clown:

Leon Cupra 300
I did take some pics of South Yorks convoy, and some on the first corner of the track. However having a nightmare getting them on. Track ones are not great, stupid fence in the way!!!! A few of the licra clad girls arses too. I will sort them and get them up soon.

Sy

Have you got them off your mate? He didn't have a bad one of mine!

1.6 focus zetec....

Indeed! Maz, apols for nearly wiping you out when we arrived. I was the one doing the agressive reversing after overshooting our stand entry. Did you enjoy your track time?

I was watching the track times and thought she was going on at the same time as the 'nana but don't think i saw her on track...

Yozza was a right nutcase on track lol....

997.1, Caddy, e208
Did Yozza have unlimited tracktime?

He was chasing everything on the track down - and doing it well.

DSC00420.jpg

Lusty's new love!