ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show - Good Day Out

A4 Avant
The stand wasn't as well layed out as last year, but as said I'm sure it's a nightmare to organise on the day!

The only thing I'd change would be to get rid of the fence between the track and last/first corner as it made taking pictures a nightmare. Can't see that happenin though! LOL!

Everytime I came back over to the stand from the infield there were hardly any people on the stand so didn't get to say hi to anyone! But thats down to my rubbish timing!

Can't believe the massive detour we took up the M1 on the way there! I was worried when asked to lead with how many people were in convoy that my satnav would send us to the wrong place! Apologys if we lost anyone on the way!

I'm not really in to showing my car - its a trackday toy.

So I was just gutted about the brakes but I still don't understand why FCS had stupid blokes on motorbikes and monster trucks?

There were no real signs showing where to go and the tunnel was a pain in the ar*e.

I'd go again just to go on the track but as the for the attractions - well maybe if your 5.......

LOL

:)

A4 Avant

So I was just gutted about the brakes but I still don't understand why FCS had stupid blokes on motorbikes and monster trucks?

There were no real signs showing where to go and the tunnel was a pain in the ar*e.

I'd go again just to go on the track but as the for the attractions - well maybe if your 5.......

LOL

So you had a brake problem? I saw your car with loads of gear in front of it. Was going to say hi as I recognsed the car but you looked well stressed, so thought I'd not interupt!

LOL

So you had a brake problem? I saw your car with loads of gear in front of it. Was going to say hi as I recognsed the car but you looked well stressed, so thought I'd not interupt!

Yeah I've warped the bell housings on my Godspeed 4 pot kit using DS3000 pads which are a bit too much for the road.

Andy at GDI gave me a good deal on one of there 4 pot kits so we were trying to fit it.

In the end I decided not to as paddocks are not the best place to setup brakes.

LOL

clio 172 sport, zxr6
i think the show has changed to much into a donny show more about being a show instead of being about the cars. last year seemed to be about the track and the 1/4 mile but this year was about the side shows and the rocket man from the USA:clown:

good to see a good turn out didnt get to talk to many peeps due to being in the queue for the track or the 0 to 60 :(

track was good crack but i missed not having the toyo r888's on the car

A4 Avant
i think the show has changed to much into a donny show more about being a show instead of being about the cars. last year seemed to be about the track and the 1/4 mile but this year was about the side shows and the rocket man from the USA:clown:

good to see a good turn out didnt get to talk to many peeps due to being in the queue for the track or the 0 to 60 :(

Is yours the black 172 that has a private plate L?? MKY or similar?

RenaultSport 197
Was not a bad show, minus the chavs. That commentator was such a w*nker though, I thought this was a million pound show? lol Im sure they could afford a better guy.. "Ohh wow, look at that - another 360 burnout" STFU n00b. Not a bad day either, still warm regardless of the clouds towards the afternoon, and good to see all the Clio's! :D

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Our stand was ok TBH, but I still fail to see why it was filled from the front back over?

First cars in should have filed up along the fence then row's in front. Cliosport really should have enlisted to help to marshall the parking.

BMW F31
show was really good, gotta agree the guy with the microphone was a nob! the stunts were ok, best bit was when the moto x'r fell off doing a backflip. didnt particularly think it worked well within the show tbh.

the tunnel to the pits was a major pain, having to walk up the stairs etc. trying to find a cash point was impossible, came to the conclusing there wasn't one.

on a plus point though the stand looked good the cars even better and was nice to see alot of the cars that you see so many photo's of in the flesh.

also managed to get myself some Brembo Max Discs from yozza for 60 notes so that made my day!

good show all round though :)

Not got a car
Didnt like any of the entertainment, Theres only so many doughnuts and wheelies you can take. Might as well have gone to truckfest.

I can still hear that spanner on the mic going round in my head.

Shame it wasnt based on the actual cars and clubs.

Best thing was the R5's and having a look round clio sport. The rest was turd.

Just got up from resting but i had a brilliant day with your lot, i kinda startd shaking when people at the services was like we'll follow you then... Oh boy... An mr paxo owner at the traffic lights, idiot.

Yea lustys enterance was an absolute blinder... me an my big mouth only because i shouted you 3 times Ed an you took no notice until i shouted "Oi Ed ya big puff" then everyone clock'd you, an you got tag team'd by me an rich with the comments.
Mandy oh Mandy... wow talk about blue eyes, how sexy are you hey... meow, sorry donny but its the truth ya lucky lucky so and so. Thanks for the food chick it was lovely.
An what was with that model who's arse was trying to touch the floor, couldnt she get a big enough pair of pants to cover it, but yea id have still done it.
Maz - all im saying is Hubba, car an owner.
HellBells, hmm tasty
I found the show great but the commentator got on my frwaking nerves specially when it came to the sky divers an just shouting for them to jump, theres a checking procedure you plick its for health an safty reasons.
Andy my fellow perv we need to exchange pics as i got one you want...

I took the country roads home an enjoyed myself.
Well it has been a pleasure to meet everyone that i did an hope to see you all at the next show this year...

lol, I couldn't open my eyes !!!!!
It seems the Flux Babes all work @ Adrian Flux offices.

FF Blackgold 182
Didn't see much of the track action, I mean how much can you see from so far away. Watching the 0-60 runs were ok for about 5 mins. How much can you do with a "stand" anyway? Most of the stands looked the same, like big carparks. Tbh I went for the social aspect. I missed Lusty's entrance :(. Didn't get to speak to you Lusty, but apparently you are a nice lad who asks questions and listens to the answers that are given. You don't lack confidence though, I'll give you that! Hope you get your brakes sorted Matt. Good to meet a few more faces too. Highlight of the day for me was on the journey home. Driving past Tucks in his Williams, I believe it was TomS (apologies if I'm incorrect) in the passenger seat wearing a Darth Vader mask! Legend! :D It was brilliant the way he just gave an approving nod across to us when we went past. Just imagined Darth Vader saying "alright?" Lmfao.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i thought it was a gud day, been to rockingham b4 so know what the place was like. i thought there was a gud turn out from cliosport but the space we were given wasn`t big enough considering how big rockingham`s carpark is!!!!:mad:

really gud to see sum of the cars of here, sum brilliant one`s! did any1 like me grills in real life cause they got slated when i put pic`s up on here b4:S? only just managed to get me new plates on in time - R172 CUP.did u like?

hope to see u al soon?!!
foxon

Last edited:
  pug 106 rallye S2
the track time was good to watch but only decent place to view it was way up high in the stands... could see most of the track then...
the caterhams were wickedly fast bit strange seeing them out with the clio's...
yozza's car looked massivly quick compared to alot of the other stuff out there.... think i have gotta do a track day now looked very fun!
convoy down was a good laugh although those speeds in that weather was interesting! used a tank of fuel yesterday and i only live a hour away from rockingham!
seeing peoples faces as twenty clio's went past was brilliant. shame it was so wet with spray as photo's were hard to get!
anyways tahnks again guys was great hope to meet some of you lot properly sometime!

172 mk2 ph1 & 306 GTi-6
Being a newbie and not going to this FCS but have been to previous FCS show's (Bruntinthorpe) but its sounds that a new venue there was bound to be hiccups.The people involved in setting up and organising the club stand should be commended ! As a person thinking of paying to a forum and hearing what read on here doesn't fill me with confidence.

Im sure that the organises of the FCS will take on board of the valid points made by forum members and next years will be bigger and better (Fingers crossed)

My 2p worth
Thanks
Brett

Audi TT 225
Was a good day out, nice to meet a few of you. :D
Apart from being p!ssed off I didn't have my real car and had to turn up in a courtesy piece of junk it was all good.
Totally knackered after a 4am start and didn't get home till almost 9pm.
Russ @ Gas performance, top bloke happy to help ya out ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've decided i'm coming to this next year with a completely filthy car.

I have to say the track organisation was poor, I was in the black Saxo on your track session, i missed our Saxo Sports Club session as i was not given a track pass when i signed on so was not allowed on the track. Went back to the sign on desk and was told it was ok, come back when the queue was shorter.

Went back 30 min later was told i wouldnt be allowed on at all, so i kicked up a fuss as it was their fault i didnt get on originally! So in the end they let me on with you guys and had a good session - that blue 172 with the gold alloys was stupidly fast!

I had a good day from a social aspect, but the show itself was poorly organised and if i wasnt a member of a club id see no reason to go again. Bring back Brunters :(

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I enjoyed it :) The Vee got a lot of people taking photos, and the drive to the track with a Trophy (number plate seemed to say Alex?) following me cos he didn't know the way either was nice - although I resisted the temptation to boot it cos it was greasy, and I had no idea where I was going heh.

Dan

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
Was a cracking day out!! :D

And was great to finally meet Ed (lusty)... great convoy back! ;)

clio 172 sport, zxr6

Is yours the black 172 that has a private plate L?? MKY or similar?

mine was the black 172 with the carbon bonnet with the M70 RKY plate

Audi TT 225

Mine was dirty too :dead:

Didn't see yours, my hire wagon wasn't worth cleaning. It was the ghey one parked next to Rich's stunning white RS.

Im praying I didn't get nabbed by a speedy cam on the way in... ironic due to driving the slowest car ever Ive ever driven LOL

I saw the lusty... tall... orange... didn't get chance to speak to ya tho :rolleyes:

Who was the guy with all the decals and the yoza exhaust? We were following you for ages on the way there but I think you mistook us for a 197 it was a bent 1.2 clio 3 hahahaha

come on guys my tan was not orange. That is a natural golden Ibiza tan :cool: .

You can see the colour of me in this pic (at the bottom of the pic standing next to my flippin clio)

DSC00438.jpg

FF Blackgold 182
Animal - Cheers, I am a nice guy!! :approve:

Rich - I did love the entrance I must admit.

Not a problem. Fine upstanding young member of our community you are, lol.;) I came over when you were stood speaking to Rich about detailing. Think you may have spoken to Burp (Jay), but I'm not sure on that. Didn't introduce myself, but I'll make a point of it next time fella.

Audi TT 225
Should have had name tags stuck to people instead of cars it would have been much easier! Saw all the cars I recognised but had no clue who the owners were since everyone was walking around and not by their cars LOL

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How many cars were this yr, compared to last??Seems alot less!!!

I loved the line from rich - Alan's your cars dirty...

Aye we did just drive 8.5hrs!!!! lol

106 GTi
How many cars were this yr, compared to last??Seems alot less!!!

I loved the line from rich - Alan's your cars dirty...

Aye we did just drive 8.5hrs!!!! lol

No I asked him if he was going to be cleaning it !