ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freak passenger window rattle

Clio Sport 182
Hi guys,

if anyone can help me I would be extremely greatful, this window drives me insane...

passenger side window literally won't stop rattling, I've had the panel off number of times but have never seemed to find a problem, I've WD40'd the hell out of it's mechanisms. When the window is up, it seems to sound as though the window is loose and that it may not be sat properly but I'm no expert. When I put the window down a click it will stop then eventually come back, then when I put it back up fully, it will stop but then come back. The glass seems to shake when I put it up when the panel is off and I can see the glass properly.

Anyone ne have any ideas?

Liam

Clio Sport 182
I don't know, it rattles when I close the door, it also takes longer for it to come back up than it does for it to go down.

a dummy help would be necessary as I'm not the best when it comes to mechanical problems

Clio Sport 182
It sounds more like it's the actual door than the window, tapping the door itself inside with panel sounds as though it's cheap French sh*t that is it. Anyone help?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
is it the glass or a more metal rattle? On mine i found that there is a metal strap on the inside of the door that was rattling.

Clio Sport 182
is it the glass or a more metal rattle? On mine i found that there is a metal strap on the inside of the door that was rattling.

it sounds as though it is a metal strap, when i had the door panel off, i was tapping the door itself on the inside and its making the same kind of sound, so i woild guess at that, the glass doesnt feel loose

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ok.

Well In the middle if you feel inside, you will feel a strip of metal following the inside of the door its strapped to the inside of the metal. up top middle

On mine i pulled it a few mm towards me and put some foam pads between it and the door and now it doesn't rattle :)

clio 172 phs 1
My passenger window does this too.

Mines appears to be the glass rattling.

Will need to strip it down to investigate.

Cup In bits
Check your window glass has the small guide attached to it at the rear most part of the glass.... closest to the b-pillar. It runs up a track inside there and can become loose and can totally fall off, restricting the glass's movement and also allowing it to tilt forward/rattle while down typically.

Clio Sport 182
Well i have finally fixed the problem related to my window. My problem was similar to @Diagro's where the foam pads had appeared to have fallen off or something. I have now filled the gaps in with cotton wool pads for now until i get my foam pads in the post over the next few days.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 206
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 205