ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frayz's Inferno 182 - Back in the old flame

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Not much happened on the little Clio lately as I’m still on the hunt for a proper gearbox with diff (think I’ve found one) and hunting for some Recaro Pole Position / Cobra Nogaros.

I did however acquire an ITG Maxogen induction kit for it. The filter element had seen better days so decided to treat it to a new one. Also my car previously had a slightly oversized battery so annoyingly I’ve had to get a smaller 063 size battery to get the carbon airbox in.

Haven’t really driven it yet so can’t comment on the outcome of performance / racket etc. But it looks pretty 🙂🤷🏽‍♂️

D03E4895-DEEA-445E-BB8C-15A76DB30D41.jpeg
DA0449E6-14DD-4A9C-9764-A9F2C14E0630.jpeg
8828D894-363A-4112-ABA5-2D8F2AEEEC61.jpeg
70F2F4AC-4FE9-410B-A4DA-C179F22F4202.jpeg
F4AFF955-F5E8-4AEC-95D8-2EE7AAAF7957.jpeg
A0AA3DAB-5CE7-43D1-9A04-2BE794778DAB.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Massive thanks to Mike Rainbird at RB Motorsport for helping me secure a great deal on todays Recaro delivery. I’ve known Mike for a lot of years now and his service and attention to detail is absolutely superb.

Unfortunately I’ve now got the agonising wait till i get time and a break in the weather to get these fitted.

731BC3C2-7507-43AE-9179-1C33571D10A7.jpeg

Hxrry

ClioSport Club Member
Massive thanks to Mike Rainbird at RB Motorsport for helping me secure a great deal on todays Recaro delivery. I’ve known Mike for a lot of years now and his service and attention to detail is absolutely superb.

Unfortunately I’ve now got the agonising wait till i get time and a break in the weather to get these fitted.

View attachment 1433130
B-e-a-utiful seats!!! :love: i bet you can’t wait to get these fitted! How will you be mounting these seats?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Been quiet on the update front with the Clio as im currently up to my neck in kitchen renovation and the car hasn't had a look in. I've just got an ever growing list of parts that i need to fit.
She has seen some attention in the last 2 days however.
Firstly a big thanks to Alex @AW Motorworks for fixing a small gearbox leak & fitting a pair of new CV boots to the NS driveshaft. Naturally it got yet another fresh lot of genuine ELF gearbox oil again too.
Also had a shock to hear it failed it MOT this morning due to high C02. I was pretty shocked by this as it had been running fine and still averaging 36mpg so was surprised to think that a lambda might have gone down.
Quick call to the motor factors for them to express me over an new NTK lambda which arrived at 4:15pm, popped home to fit it before getting back to the MOT station before 5pm for them to re test the emissions.

Thankfully all is right in the world once more and the little 182 C0 is back to normal :)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182ff
Been quiet on the update front with the Clio as im currently up to my neck in kitchen renovation and the car hasn't had a look in. I've just got an ever growing list of parts that i need to fit.
She has seen some attention in the last 2 days however.
Firstly a big thanks to Alex @AW Motorworks for fixing a small gearbox leak & fitting a pair of new CV boots to the NS driveshaft. Naturally it got yet another fresh lot of genuine ELF gearbox oil again too.
Also had a shock to hear it failed it MOT this morning due to high C02. I was pretty shocked by this as it had been running fine and still averaging 36mpg so was surprised to think that a lambda might have gone down.
Quick call to the motor factors for them to express me over an new NTK lambda which arrived at 4:15pm, popped home to fit it before getting back to the MOT station before 5pm for them to re test the emissions.

Thankfully all is right in the world once more and the little 182 C0 is back to normal :)
Where was the gearbox leak? Think mines pissing out of the selector seal

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Where was the gearbox leak? Think mines pissing out of the selector seal
Inboard NS drive shaft. It was the original CV boot that Alex removed when he did the clutch last month.
I don't think it liked being removed and re-seated as it was the original item that had done 117kmiles, no fault of his.
Alex has now fitted a brand new one to both ends. :)