ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frame rates in games

What Frame rates do you find acceptable and is a big variance common?

Am getting between 30 and 65 FPS on COD:W@W this is in normal online play btw with 24 players. If I look skywards and its a blankish screen it pushing nealy a ton.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
*awaits Roy to arrive*

I don't know tbh, I haven't fired up my rig since jan 2008. I will be fireing it up on sunday though... but i imagine it would prob struggle now adays.. new build ahoy.

command and conquer 3 played very well on it though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
*awaits Roy to arrive*

I don't know tbh, I haven't fired up my rig since jan 2008. I will be fireing it up on sunday though... but i imagine it would prob struggle now adays.. new build ahoy.

command and conquer 3 played very well on it though.

Jesus. I'd put more faith in a can of WD40 and a lighter managing to get a Saturn V rocket launched successfully. ;)

D.

DCi
when i used to play CoD online i used to make sure my FPS was locked on 125
now i don't care tbh, every time i check my PC seems to run games 100+ so no problem...

Not a Clio
With v-sync on WoW gives me 60FPS which to my eye appears perfect. I can't see any difference between 60FPS and a few hundred FPS to be honest. Think I read somewhere that 30-60FPS is the norm.

Have worked out its draw distance. Was getting 90 fps in the tunnels of the new map station yet only mid thirties on the big maps like seelow!

DCi
With v-sync on WoW gives me 60FPS which to my eye appears perfect. I can't see any difference between 60FPS and a few hundred FPS to be honest. Think I read somewhere that 30-60FPS is the norm.
I've read the eye can't really tell the difference past 60FPS, but imo I think that threshold is about 100FPS then I can't really tell myself.