ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found out what the tapping was!

Megane Trophy, Golf
It was a spark plug loose! car sounded like a fookin tractor with a racing exhaust on lol. The lead was broke on the plug also and the bottom of the plug was totally smashed. Mmmmmmmm new leads and a plug please! Hope its nothing else :S

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
mmmm dude i had that on my old 172

the spark plug had blow out of the head stripping all the threads on it. had to have the head helicoiled n all sorts.

there has been a few that have done it, was it cylinder 3?

Megane Trophy, Golf
Was cylinder 2 mate! the hole looks ok, its been rattling for a few months so i hope its only worked itself loose! I changed the plugs about 8 thousand miles ago. :(

Megane Trophy, Golf
theres no gap no more! HT lead is shattered. im gonna get me magnet on a stick out to see if there is any bits down there. Just hope it aint fooked threads on head!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
take the ht lead out of the fooked one and the plug.

then take the ht leads of the others..

then turn it over a few times.. that should blow any bits out the head from the fooked plug

Audi TT 225
Heres what happened when my spark plugs rusted, disintergrated and were took out... the brown crap on top of the pistons are bits of dead rusty plug.... so you get the idea if bits of the threads dropped through...

DSC00098.gif

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
LOL that was the same as mine..try an other spark plug for a differnt cylinder and see if will screw in

Megane Trophy, Golf
Im getting all 4 helicoiled! have checked round and cant see anything plus ive hoovered it out and did benp's trick of turning it over without leads attached to blow the bits out! :)