ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 4 demo Challenge??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't get the right hander at the top of the hill right. Do you go flat or lift?

Tiny lift at the apex. Just get straight back on the throttle ASAP though, otherwise you lose speed into the next
right-hander and on to the back straight.

Got it down to 1:52.5, Should get it into the 40's later.

Why does the '!' come up on the lap AFTER you've been off. Pissing me off. Wasting time.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah the marker is annoying whats more annoying is it doesnt always seem to dissapear on a new lap :mad:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you run wide on the last corner the marker stays on your new lap. This is because you will have got an unfair advantage in your speed over the line.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I find if I run wide on any of the last 3 the marker will stay. I understand the last one but any before seems harsh.

I'm on low 43's. Christopher gains .5s in the first corner alone. :(

For the right hander now I use fifth then hold the brakes to tuck it into the apex then downchange to fourth. Just need to remember to be paitient on the throttle during slower corners.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stay inside on the first corner mate; try and get on the throttle as early as possible then straight-line the chicane.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I need to be very paitient with the throttle on the first corner. I think more pratice should do it.

The next corner is the first left hander next to the lake where you just fly through. However, I manage to claw some back through the right hander before the tunnel where I brake earlier and take a tighther line and making sure I put two inside wheels over the line. I just need to make sure the back end doesn't step out over the bump on exit.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
If you run wide on the last corner the marker stays on your new lap. This is because you will have got an unfair advantage in your speed over the line.

Yeah i was thinking that but it seems to do it even if u muck up say the corner before the last. good though keeps it all fair i suppose :)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

I'm going to leave it for now before I go crazy. I know there is lots of this to be had in the first section. For the left hander after the tunnel I found it's quicker to brake towards the apex then ride the curb all the way, this keeps you to the left which opens up the right hander much nicer.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
lol my controller nearly ended up embedded in my Tv a moment ago

i ran ever so slightly wide on the penultimate corner just grazing the yellow line and up pops the marker was raginggggg

was on for at least a 1.42.00, I'm finding some time over you chris on the first corner by letting the car run abit wider after the initial turn in meaning the corner opens up more on the exit, gets me up by about 0.100th's but i then lose that on the corner after the tunnel can't decide which line to take!

I can pretty much keep with you until the uphill, really need to find myself a fast line through that right hander without just scrubbing speed off and losing all momentum up there. It's amazing how much time you lose up that b*****d. Also need to stop being so gung ho in the final fast rights to try and make up for it too lol.

Fiesta ST
Just done a 1:42.000, position 621 on leaderboard. My fastest lap is a 1:41.850 but had a marker from running wide on the previous lap so didn't count. Gonna add a ghost to see if I can take any better lines and where I'm losing time. There's another 2 seconds to be had according to rank 1 on leaderboard

Edit: more like 3 seconds to leader, read it wrong

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ghost is a really good idea for learning aswell.

Fiesta ST
Just added a ghost and within 3 laps ive put in a 1:41.710, was taking total wrong line through turn one and the right turn at the bottom of the hill

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
on the ones with the cars drving round the ghost puts me off i either folllow it into the back of a car or go to avoid it :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just added a ghost and within 3 laps ive put in a 1:41.710, was taking total wrong line through turn one and the right turn at the bottom of the hill

Nice!

I'm struggling to break into the 1:41's. I'm losing time in the two corners before the hill! Agh.

Currently on a 1:42.048

Fiesta ST
Yeah, after following the ghost i can get them 2 as spot on as its going to get (still feels wrong and slow though) but its the blind right at the top of the hill where i lose all my time, end up breaking too much and losing all momentum for the following fast right.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've added you so I'll get some tips on your ghost later.

If I get into the 41's I'll be happy. I can leave it there. lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
been rivaling against chriscup172 i beat his time then he had beat mine and i just went on and re beat his time ;) (just!)