ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

29482776-a3f2a9bdde136f380e0c9bd3d5.jpg

29491105-353255459577a892839de5b47a.jpg

I'm probably not going to buy it.

I would if they'd included the Audi R8 V10. But it's not in any of the videos, or screenshots, so I'm not going to take the risk.

DCi
it'll be locked at 60 to keep tearing to a minimum. the human eye doesnt really notive any change over 30fps anyway tbh, these people that claim they can tell when theyer fps dropped from 100 down to 60 or something are talking crap.
i dont know if it's different on tele's or with consoles etc

but when i used to play CoD on PC i could tell once it went below 100.

anything in 3 figures all looks the same but you notice a bit of laggyness below that imo.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
First list of Achievements, not confirmed 100% though

FORZA 3 ACHIEVEMENTS x50

1 Bottomed out 5g - jump 5 feet
2 Welcome to F3 15g - complete 1st race
3 Interior 5g - Win using cockpit view
4 Demon 5g - Travel in excess of 200mph
5 Drifter 5g - Earn 1000+ pts in 1 drift section
6 Drift lap 5g - Earn 100,000+ pts in 1 single lap
7 Driver lvl 1 10g - Reach driver lvl 1 in season play
8 lvl 2 10g
9 lvl 3 10g
10 lvl 4 10g
11 lvl 5 10g
12 lvl 6 10g
13 lvl 7 10g
14 lvl 8 10g
15 lvl 9 10g
16 lvl 10 10g
17 lvl 15 15g
18 lvl 20 20g
19 lvl 25 25g
20 lvl 30 30g
21 lvl 35 35g
22 lvl 40 40g
23 lvl 45 45g
24 lvl 50 50g
25 Weekday event 10g - complete 1st weekday event
26 Weekend 10g - complete 1st weekend race
27 Solid gold 80g - achieve gold in all races
28 world traveller 25g - race at every track LOCATION
29 car lvl 1 5g - reach car lvl 1
30 lvl 2 5g
31 lvl 3 5g
32 lvl 4 5g
33 lvl 5 5g
34 year 1 50g - complete yr 1 in season play
35 2 50g
36 3 50g
37 4 50g
38 5 50g
39 6 50g
40 lapper 10g - complete a time trial
41 auctioneer 10g - sell a car in the auction house
42 sniper 10g - win an auction by outbidding someone
43 shutterbug 10g - take a photo of a car
44 grease monkey 10g - create a car tuning file
45 painter 10g - create a paintjob/vinyl
46 curator 10g - upload a photo/movie to ForzaMotorSport.NET
47 entrepreneur 10g - sell a tune/design from ur store
48 buyer 10g - buy something using storefront
49 director 10g - complete your 1st FM3 movie
50 connoisseur 50g - own atleast 1 car from every manufacturer

Monaro VXR
i dont know if it's different on tele's or with consoles etc

but when i used to play CoD on PC i could tell once it went below 100.

anything in 3 figures all looks the same but you notice a bit of laggyness below that imo.

FPS argument is null and void for most people who use LCD's which are typically locked at 60hz. Which means they can display a max of 60 FPS. True 120hz LCD's are still very rare. Think only a handful are currently available. All these 200+HZ HD TV's you see aren't true 200hz just marketing crap.

However you won't see the difference between 100fps and 60fps you will feel it in certain games however. Online shooters especially due to mouse movement etc. Just seems more accurate / smoother with higher frame rate. 30 - 60 is easily seen though. I struggle playing some games which are capped at 30 as they give me a headache.

With Acura's etc you can understand models being the US market version but FFS IIRC only the US got the MK1 with that front end. Looks pony.

lol, the mods don't go as far as front end swaps Scutch, might have some bumper/sideskirt options but I can't see them offering the option to swap from US to Euro front end.

Nippy white cup
I'm PREYING that there are different bumpers/lights sets like on the first game that will make it look like it should :(

Chris

On the forums all the Americans are pretty much saying tough s**t T10 are american so what do you expect etc. I would say to them how would they react if a game included a european market version of their cars but then nobody buys their horse and cart suspensioned, 57 cup holder specced, pig iron land yacht pieces of s**t in europe.

Interesting, for those who've been following this, the tracks in question are the mountain track shown in alot of the in car footage from early on and the tests track with the orange paint, again revealed early on at E3 etc.

FEUERDOG, myself, and Masscot recently brought to light the possibility of the spanish tracks being connected.
I recently posted the speculation on forza central, and got this from BADNED (who, as most of you know, is all-knowing in regards to forza):
"There is nothing to think my friend, there is a big course and the map you guys did is pretty much spot on.
icon_wink.gif
"
Here is a rough sketch of the track that has now been confirmed. We aptly named it "Circuit de Montserrat"
combotrack.jpg

1-1.gif

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm probably not going to buy it.

I would if they'd included the Audi R8 V10. But it's not in any of the videos, or screenshots, so I'm not going to take the risk.
well get excited then, you can race with it next week!

not sure if this has been posted, but the demo is out next week

Forza 3 demo will be released on Xbox Live on September 24, it has been confirmed.
Microsoft made the announcement after revealing that the game was completed and had entered the production stage.
The Forza 3 demo will allow players to drive five different cars, including the 2009 Ferrari California and the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro.
Races will take place on the Spanish mountain course of Camino Viejo. The demo featuring online leaderboards, and lap times.
Forza 3 is due to be released for the Xbox 360 on October 23.

Yup it has Dave ;)

Alex was being sarcastic anyway, both of us are sick of seeing that boring as f**k 4WD Audi in the footage constantly.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Taken off Forza Central

Sorry folks, PR just informed me the reveal will happen starting Wednesday.

The good news is that I have so many screenshots and cars to reveal that there will be tons of stuff to look at and read Wed., Thurs, and Fri.

And then next week is TGS and demo.

Read that on Neogaf last night before I switched the mac off. I'm hoping it's the classic car reveal rather than the Ferrari one they've talked about. Be interesting to see if something big is being held back for TGS too :)

They've not confirmed or denied the road car as yet. Could be a big deal if them open TGS with a short film showing the R35 road car, followed by a host of JDM favourites all blasting/drifting up or down Fujimi Kaido.