ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Yup, auto, full manual with clutch and clutchless manual. Left bumper is left "shoulder button" above the trigger.

Forza online is great if you can either luck out and find some clean lobbies (there are a few forums with lists of gamertags of clean racers) so you don't get stuck with the yank kids in U999 cars ramming everyone. Or race with the lot on here. We have some awesome nights on Forza.

Yup, auto, full manual with clutch and clutchless manual. Left bumper is left "shoulder button" above the trigger.

Forza online is great if you can either luck out and find some clean lobbies (there are a few forums with lists of gamertags of clean racers) so you don't get stuck with the yank kids in U999 cars ramming everyone. Or race with the lot on here. We have some awesome nights on Forza.

Ah that's cool, above the brake. Fair enough, will have to add some of you guys. Hardly play it anymore though.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Have you actually spent any decent amount of time playing Forza online?

I agree the career element of racing games can become a little stale and repetitive but the online options on Forza 2 made it so good to play. Forza 3 with additional options, tweeks, more cars circuits and a whole heap of game types looks set to surpass anything else out there or due.

Maybe, thats what I am missing tbh?. I haven't played it online as money is tight with me losing my job etc... So yes maybe its better playing it online. Hopefully, Forza 3 will bring more excitement the genre?...

Nippy white cup
Whats your gamer tag Gaz....me and Christopher are going on around 10 ish if you are around. Online is just amazing with tuned cars but even better with all the same std cars.

Chris

Nippy white cup
Might have been on from 9:30 and might have been 2 or 3 episodes smarty pants

columbo.jpg

W

Willy

Ill also be on, gamertag is Original Muffin (on now if anyone wants a game?)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Going on forza for the rest of the night probally so if any one wants to race or drift add me : EFF Rojers Modz

Im a bit rusty havent played for a while!

Not the best but does show more of the tracks, music dubbed over is shite, resolution is terrible and it's yet another "off screen" effort.

2cylip.jpg

16jdy0.jpg

25a2lx3.jpg

Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector’s Edition Details Revealed and Community Design Champion Crowned

October 27 will mark the launch of “Forza Motorsport 3” in North America, exclusively on Xbox 360. With more than 400 cars on over 100 tracks, the next game in the heralded series will be the biggest and most vividly realistic console racing title launching this holiday. And while all “Forza Motorsport 3” players will get to experience the bone-jarring physics, unparalleled levels of customization, and epic car and track list, fans who purchase the Limited Collector’s Edition will find even more goodies under the hood.

Available for purchase exclusively at Gamestop in the U.S., the Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector’s Edition (LCE) gives aspiring drivers, tuners and painters instant VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the new Storefront feature as well as the online Auction House, scoreboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more. As a VIP member, consumers gain exclusive access to five of the world’s hottest cars:

• 2009 Aston Martin DBS
  • 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
  • 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
  • 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
  • 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)
And if you crave cars, you won’t want to miss another perk of the “Forza Motorsport 3” LCE – an Exclusive Collector’s Car Pack, personally hand-picked, tuned and painted by the team at Turn 10:

• Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro (Forza Motorsport 3 Hero Car)
  • Acura NSX (Forza Motorsport Cover Car)
  • Nissan Fairlady (Forza Motorsport 2 Cover Car)
  • Aston Martin DB9 (Forza Motorsport 2 European Cover Car)
  • 2008 Dodge Charger Stock Car (with Xbox 360 livery)
In addition to the exclusive cars, Turn 10 also plans to create a series of new and exclusive designs and tuning kits exclusively for VIPs. And to show off your true “Forza Motorsport” pride and prowess, consumers also receive a Forza Motorsport 3 collector’s keychain and a 2GB USB thumbdrive in which you can store your favorite “Forza” videos, photos and designs to easily share them with friends.

Pre-Order Offer Update: Last but not least, the Forza Community has spoken, dubbing Midland, Michigan USA Forza fan Mark Van Dusen II’s custom painted Audi R8 V10 the official pre-order car for “Forza Motorsport 3.” After nearly 300,000 votes were tallied on Xbox LIVE, Mark’s unique design took the checkered flag and will be available as an exclusive download to those who pre-order “Forza Motorsport 3.” To see the winning design visit http://forza.xbox.com.

Think I'll cancel my pre order of the standard game and order the LCE!

TBC at the moment hence why I'm holding off breifly, I would imagine the same or largely the same but pehaps a couple of different cars.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Is it just me, or do a lot of them new graphics look just look, well... flat!? Pack looks nice though

I wouldn't take screens as too much of an indication. Some of the clips shown at E3 the environments and cars look a little too vivid, no doubt how your tv picture is set will play a massive part. I can't watch the tv over at my mates as he has the image way too sharp and the colour balance way up, it's painful to look at.

Nippy white cup
I think the lambo looks a bit flat but I'm guessing its down to the shade...in the sun it will probably be better but looking at the full size pic of the Aston the detail looks amazing

Chris

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I see what you mean... but take the DBS and the 430 (just as an example). The DBS looks quite crisp and detailed, but the 430 looks terrible. The Lambo and the Porsche are the worst IMO. Thing is... these things really are putting me off (that, and having to actually per chase a 360) ;)

Thing about Forza has always been the drive and physics over graphics tbh. If you want physics with no feedback and a tendancy for all cars to understeer but epic detailed car models stick with GT but if you dont mind the models not being quite as detailed/accurate but want a game with massively online options and awesome physics then get Forza.

You should look at the models and visuals on some of the top end PC sims if you think Forza looks bad, yet the games are seen as best in genre. I guess it depends what you want.

Tbh the fact that Forza is looking more and more like GT visually seems to be bringing out a lot more conversation on forums nitpicking about details than when the gap was alot more apparent.

“Forza Motorsport 3” Introduces Famed Circuit de Catalunya with New Euro-Sport Compact Cars

This October, racing fans around the world will be able to experience first-hand the adrenaline of taking on the revered Circuit de Catalunya raceway, as Turn 10 today announced the track for “Forza Motorsport 3.” The Catalunya raceway will make its franchise debut with a roster of exciting new Euro-Sport Compacts, as well as the return of the venerable Nürburgring raceway in Germany.

Home to the Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona, Spain, Catalunya is one of motorsport’s most vital testing grounds. Fans will create their own memorable moments as they encounter a variety of obstacles, whether it’s hugging the short and wide curves or speeding down the straights. Making its return alongside Catalunya is the Nürburgring raceway, which is widely considered to be one of the most challenging and legendary tracks in the world.

“Forza” fans will be able to pilot these celebrated European tracks in style with an entire roster of new Euro-Sport Compacts, including the formidable 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Ti, 2009 Renault Twingo Renault Sport Cup, 2009 MINI John Cooper Works and more! Don’t let their size fool you – equipped with compact exteriors and packing high-performance engines, these compacts will get you from 0-60 in a heartbeat.

If tuning is your specialty, you’ll love the multitude of customizable options available right at your finger tips. Compacts are known to be some of the most modified cars, and tuners can expect that same level of customization in “Forza Motorsport 3” to transform these cars into powerful driving machines.

New Euro-Sport Compacts available for fans to drive, tune and paint include:
  • 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Ti
  • 2009 Alfa Romeo Mito
  • 2010 Fiat 500 Abarth SS
  • 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
  • 2009 Ford Focus RS
  • 2009 Lotus Evora
  • 2009 MINI John Cooper Works
  • 2009 Renault Twingo Renault Sport Cup
  • 2008 Saab 9-3 Turbo X
  • 2009 SEAT Ibiza Cupra
  • 2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
  • 2009 Volvo C30 R-Design

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't know tbh.... Been playing Forza 2 off an on since it came out & still haven't completed all the races. I think I am level 40 now, but is it just me that thinks "so what!"?. I mean yeah Forza 3 is gonna be a step up on 2, but in all honesty who can be bothered playing all way through the leveling system AGAIN and racing on the same god dam tracks + an extra few backwards.

I just can't be arsed playing racing games where its "been done" bar a few little touches each year or so. The Forza series & Gran Turismo series hasn't really changed much other than adding graphics, extra cars & tracks. I want evolution, not revolution!. Maybe I am just bored of playing Racing Games over the last 10+ years, but surely it can't just be me feeling like this? - or maybe there is?!.

Have you actually spent any decent amount of time playing Forza online?

I agree the career element of racing games can become a little stale and repetitive but the online options on Forza 2 made it so good to play. Forza 3 with additional options, tweeks, more cars circuits and a whole heap of game types looks set to surpass anything else out there or due.

I think Forza1 had a better online experience than Forza2.

It had much more scope than when they came out and said

"This is a circuit racer and all you can have is 8 player races"

Forza1 had drag racing, a 4 mile oval, point to point, and more variety with car tuning.

On Forza2, if you've got an equal skill range, it's all about the cars which I suppose it is in real life too, but the PI system means a couple of cars come out on top every time. I know you guys race standard cars on here, but after a couple of sessions that gets tedious as it puts to waste the tuning/customising part of the game and all the time you may have put into that.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think I completed the F1 career, but F2 career took me a month if that.

F3 should hopefully have a variety of single player options and bring back Car Clubs. That was the sole reason Forza1 had me hooked for so long, I started a club and with a few people's help got it to the top 10 in quite a few events and top 100 in most things overall.

Forza2 has nothing like that, just timed leaderboards and how many races you've won.

tbh by T10's own admission Forza 2 was a bit of a rushed job. Certainly from what Ive heard so far multiplayer and single player has been given a good work over so it should be better still.

The PI system was flawed due to how it did it's calculations apparently hence missle cars appearing. Did you listen to that podcast I linked up? For those that didn't it worked out PI based on how fast the AI could get a car round a circuit. This didnt take into consideration that humans could actually outdrive the AI in cars with "odd" set ups. The new one is apparently based on the maximum velocities the car can achieve regardless of driver ability just all on weight, grip, bhp etc so should level out the PI system and make racing closer.