ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fortnite - battle royale

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Anyone playing this? Downloaded it a couple days ago for free. Really enjoying it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you need the actual Fortnite game to be able to play it? Or is it fully standalone? Looks like good fun, a decent stopgap until PUBG arrives on Xbox, anyway!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I just downloaded it off the store and played without paying a thing. It is pretty much pubg with a different look

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had a few goes on the PS4. Seems alright, don't think it will draw me in like Battlegrounds but it will be nice when I just want to sit on the sofa and play something similar.

When I read about Bluehole getting arsey with them for copying the format I thought it was a bit pathetic. But they have literally copied small details like not being able to bandage your health past 75%.

The loot system needs work.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It’s the way I play it, chilled and a fun game. If I took it seriously I’d be going through controllers like there going out of fashion.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’ve played it for an insane amount of hours and only now am I starting to get annoyed at it. Need to go back to just having fun with it. Getting #1 is addictive though

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I’ve played it a couple of times, seems pretty fun.
My son (age 10) is absolutely glued to it. Heard screaming & shouting coming from the games room the other day, wondered what the hell was going on!!!
Him & his mate had just won their first game lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve been playing this a bit more recently. It’s gotten massively popular since the new year.

You really do need to master being able to build to stand a good chance of lasting until the end.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This is everywhere at the moment... decided to download it the other day. Haven't played it though because my Epic Games account is linked to my Gmail account (which I never use) and I'm over my 15Gb limit thanks to Google Photos so can't receive any emails which I need to log in! Need to sit down and delete some stuff off there.

It's good for me though because I don't have a PS Plus account so haven't actually played an online game since my PS3 years ago.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been playing this a bit more recently. It’s gotten massively popular since the new year.

You really do need to master being able to build to stand a good chance of lasting until the end.

It’s why I will never ever ever win.

White APE
Can’t get on with it myself. Spend ages running around trying to find stuff and inevitable die in the process. Much prefer my shooters.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yep my boys absolutely love this! Seeing as this weekend we were snowed in they were on it most of the time.
Must admit..it’s pretty slick for a free download but it’s no cod ww2

Reactions: T12

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I love it, I didn’t to start of with but now I’m a bit better it’s great fun, still only had one solo win but plenty of squad wins.

I hate to admit it but watching YouTube players has made me a much better player I just hate myself for watching the videos

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It’s why I will never ever ever win.
I saw a video of a 1on1 in the middle of a massive open field. 1 guy just kept running forward and building 1x ramp after ramp so the other guy couldn’t shoot him. He kept doing this until he was right in front of the guy and just popped his head over the last ramp and shot him, lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Look forward to when pubg comes to ps4. Saying that I’ve not played a competitive shooter online for three months lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's overtaken PUBG in popularity (probably due to the free aspect). The only thing I can't get on with is third person. I have to play PUBG in first person as that's how I play shooters. To be fair building in Fornite would be next to impossible in first person, but they could have it snap to third when you enter the build list and then back to first.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
See for me third person on that scale is so much easier, I’m still not very good lol.

Bf1 etc third person would be awful

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Downloaded this for the wee man. Managed 1 victory royale (or what ever its called) but both me and the wee man prefer PUBG.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Pubg is much better imo. Fortnite has building and jumping which gets boring quickly I reckon. Pubg is much more tactical and obviously more ‘real’

Vehicles are cool too

Arctic Blue 182
Not played PubG, but love this. Quite good at it too in all respects. Jackfrags did a nice comparison video a few days back on Fortnight vs pubg. Personally stayed away from pubg because of all the issues and then this was free, with no real optimisation issues, so no brainer.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally loaded this up tonight, played it for half hour... managed to kill one person lol. Don't know found it a bit boring, way too much just running around doing nothing, but when I died I instantly wanted to start another game so there must be something to it! What's the point in building? Any tips? I'm not very good at computer games :blush:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Finally loaded this up tonight, played it for half hour... managed to kill one person lol. Don't know found it a bit boring, way too much just running around doing nothing, but when I died I instantly wanted to start another game so there must be something to it! What's the point in building? Any tips? I'm not very good at computer games :blush:
When you start to get shot and know the direction but not exactly where, you spin, throw up a wall and keep building until you're able to find them and shoot them

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay I guess practice makes perfect! Thing is I'm such a casual gamer these days not sure I'll ever get it. Shame really as I used to be the b****cks at Quake 3, and then somewhat on COD4 too...

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Didn't play anymore after my post. Installed it on 2 PCs and got the girlfriend on to duo. Still didn't really enjoy it.

PUBG for life.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Won a couple of squad games, placed 2nd in a solo the other night.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We just play for the lols and chat s**t tbh.

Will have a blast on bf1 where I’m more emotional lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Must be a natural I’ve only got 3 solo wins in about 6 months.

The limited sniper mode is stupid, I jumped about with a guy up close for about 5 mins before I killed him. Just got boring