ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forged a brand new FR4?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I am currently having a brand new engine fitted to my 182 under warranty by Renault, I want to build a low compression engine, would you use the brand new engine or find a good second hand engine and use that and maybe sell the new engine. The engine would be sold with about 1000 miles of road use on it, what do you think it would be worth, the price from Renault is £3060 so would have thought it may be worth 2k or so which would pay for the new engine build as me and my mate will be building it.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You will seriously struggle to sell that brand new F4R for 2k unless a race team or the like come good.

Baring in mind that ropey 182's can be had for 2k, middle of the road 172's for 2k and high end phase 1 172's for 2k...

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
That's fair enough, but would you use the new engine or buy another one, just seems a shame to rip apart a brand new engine.

Lionel Richie
how the bloody hell are you having a new engine under warranty? Renault paying £3-4K for an engine on a car worth £2-3K??? how does that work?

ph1 172
Wasn't your engine damaged because you supercharged it without changing the crank pulley to the keywayed one from the megane?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It must be an aftermarket warranty.

I reckon you will struggle to get a grand for that engine TBH mate im sorry to say.

Trafic 140dci
Wasn't your engine damaged because you supercharged it without changing the crank pulley to the keywayed one from the megane?
When i saw Dom Saturday he explained what has happened, that isn't why he has a brand new engine, it's not my place to say why he has a new one.

I'd get a second hand engine and tear that apart, at least then you can use your car while the engine is being built. No doubt you'll have some kind of problem while building it, something missing etc so may take longer than expected.