ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For all you bucket seat owners!!

Clio 1.4 16v
i fitted my bucket seats fitted in my 1.4 16v mk2 ph2 dynamique... OBVIOUSLY.. i disconnected the clips under the seats for the air bags and now the serv light and airbag light have come on..

how did everyone else get around this problem..

i have tried searching the common problems etc. and people say solder the blue and blue and brown and brown connectors.. however.. i dont have any wires on the seats any more to solder them to.. so i dont wanna start cutting wires out if im going to do it wrong..

can anyone shed some light on this matter..

thanks in advance

matt

there is a thread somewhere, you just get some 3.3ohm resistors from maplins and put the pins into the connector plugs.....i did it on mine when i put buckets in and its been fine

here is a pic i took of mine to show you where to put them....

DSC_0028.gif

Clio 1.4 16v
wow! cheers pal.. 3.3 ohm... i can see where they are in the grey one but not really clear in the black one.. and is that the connector on the drivers side or the passenger side.. and do i need to do both???

both.....

black one is the two middle holes of the 4 iirc...

also, once theyre in, wrap some tape over them to hold them in place...

sometimes the lights may not go out straight away, just make sure all the pins are in and in contact inside the plug, and they should go out!

Tangoed Works
I havent put any in the grey one. Just connect the resistor to the black one and the light will go off.

Clio 1.4 16v
nothing snazzy... got an absoloute bargain on some ektor record buckets..

cheap and chearful but comfy as anything and hold you in on the corners.. thats all that matterss..

Ektor.jpg

black obv...

i'll get some pics up soon of my whole car.. as i spent the whole day stripping out the whole interior, carpet plastics etc..

Clio 1.4 16v
niiiiiiiice... i was considering reclining seats but just didnt feel the need for them.. fixed back all the way... takes a bit of getting used to though

how did you bolt yours in? you use tailored subfames?

i just spent 2 days working out dimensions and drilling to bolt them to the box frame underneathe where the seat used to be... its lower than low lol

i used custom made subframes, which are lower than the lowest you can buy.....then bolted the sidemounts to them, and the seats into the sidemounts...

DSC_0023.gif

DSC_0030.gif

DSC_0031.gif

DSC_0061-1.gif

i was told its VERY unsafe to bolt them directly to the crossframe, as they will just twist and bend in any soft of impact...

the parts of the box frame were the original runners went to are strengthened, and made from slightly thicker metal...plus a subframe is putting the load over four points...

id use subframes matey but thats just me!

Clio 1.4 16v
well hopefully not planning on having any impact.. well my box frame has a peugeot 106 subframe on it.. looks very similar to yours, more or less a flat peice of metal square the same size as the box frame then my runners go onto that then the seats bolt on to that... also have inch riser blocks on the passenger seat because origianlly they were so low i couldnt see over the dashboard lol :eek: but mine are base mount seats.. not side mounts so im guessing would be lower anyways..

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Excellent fabrication work and installation ! - have you working drawings from which to replicate them ?

Martin

i have tried searching the common problems etc. and people say solder the blue and blue and brown and brown connectors.. however.. i dont have any wires on the seats any more to solder them to.. so i dont wanna start cutting wires out if im going to do it wrong..
You must have looked hard since its covered near every week and there even a guide on it.

Airbags and pretensioners notes/FAQ/how to remove airbags
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=109205