ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2013

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cool. Will look into this. Downloaded it last week but the rar files were password protected. Farce.

Maybe I should just f*cking pay for it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm still waiting for ios I'm dying here wanting to play it.

Focus ST-3
Got this for Xmas and have yet to play it. What are peoples thoughts - full fat or classic?

Full Fat... No other way.

Might as well play manager mode on Fifa and simulate the games if your going to play classic IMO..

Yeah I was swaying more towards full fat as that's what I'm used to.

Although Classic appeals so I don't have to muck about with press conferences and ridiculously in depth training which I leave to my Assistant anyway!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Classic is brilliant IMO, all the fun without all the stress. Good if you fancy just building a club up and moving on, im in my eighth season now.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
You still pick staff yeah, but the numbers are limited, I.e one coach instead of ten. Tactics you can also do, and incorporate quick tactics such as play for the draw etc. The best part is the unlockables you can get or buy, such as becoming unsackable.

I have played Classic mode for a fair bit and can't decide if I like it or not? Something just doesn't feel 'right' to me?

I'll be starting up a standard game tonight I think.

MK5 R32
I got this for christmas, gave it a bit of a bash over the last few days after struggling to get into it at first, after a couple of months when new signings settle and the team get used to different tactics it great. It does seem a little harder than previous versions, but thats a good thing I guess.

R14 CUP
I have also recently purchased this, seems to run a lot smoother than old versions.

Love the new interface.

Struggling to get results - but I'm sure that'll come with time.

So I started a game on the 'normal' mode last night, and prefer it 100%. Yes, some parts are crazily in depth, but you can get your Assistant to deal with most of it if need be.

I also found it ran much faster on my laptop (which is circa 4 years old) than Classic mode.

Clio
So some big news around FM this week FM25 is going to be a complete reboot most likely.

I peaked with FM around Championship Manager 01/02 and that was mostly me being sat up at 3am in the morning at my PC and needed an excuse to the Mrs for the fact I was more likely whacking off to the internet. "Don't come in I'm playing Championship Manager"

Quite interested to see what happens though.

Reactions: seb

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
So some big news around FM this week FM25 is going to be a complete reboot most likely.

I peaked with FM around Championship Manager 01/02 and that was mostly me being sat up at 3am in the morning at my PC and needed an excuse to the Mrs for the fact I was more likely whacking off to the internet. "Don't come in I'm playing Championship Manager"

Quite interested to see what happens though.

I peaked early 00’s too. Not played it since.

Any news on the total reboot for 2025?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
IMG_5242.jpeg

Oh.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I'm still playing FM2013. I haven't played any newer ones than this. I started the actual game in 2013, inputting my exact age at the time, which was 30, back then.
I am now 96 years old. The year is 2078 (new years eve, so really 2079).

age.JPG

TBF, Im now only playing it, to see what happens if/when I hit 100 or so. Surely it must force me to retire at some point. I must be managing the team from my nursing home.

I've had to port it over to another laptop, as the original one died, but looks like I was bored, on the run up to xmas 2013 and decided to start a career as Bradford Park Avenue's manager... Only saved it a cool 1585 times since then..

details.JPG

Bit of a tongue in cheek message from the creators, which shows in the game status screen:

congrats.JPG

I'll be upset when it ends.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Must admit - I know jack s**t about football, but have liked FM 2023 Touch on the iPad.

I tried the free trial of FM 2023 on the PC through Steam and it appeared like I was controlling the Hadron Collider whilst learning Japanese and attempting to bungee jump at the same time. Way too much for me!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Er...so I still play this........... as above - starting it actually in 2013.

I have achieved my target and I'm now 100 years old in the game!
But it has not ended.
WTF

Even after a 10 years of playing it - I experienced a first, only yesterday - I was sacked - which has never happened before!
Albeit, I was back in a job after only a couple of clicks. However, it is with Sheffield Wednesday, who are massively s**t (in real life also).

It's gotta force me to retire at some point though, surely.

cm.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I downloaded FM24 recently on my Ally. The last manager game I played was CM99/00 so there’s a bit of a difference 🤣

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Er...so I still play this........... as above - starting it actually in 2013.

I have achieved my target and I'm now 100 years old in the game!
But it has not ended.
WTF

Even after a 10 years of playing it - I experienced a first, only yesterday - I was sacked - which has never happened before!
Albeit, I was back in a job after only a couple of clicks. However, it is with Sheffield Wednesday, who are massively s**t (in real life also).

It's gotta force me to retire at some point though, surely.

View attachment 1684541
Those career earnings are shite, 109M over 70 years.